Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #640860

30 replies
Just got this from Signing Services of America
By Clem/CA on 6/20/22 10:43am

NSA’s,
This email has been sent to ALL NSA’s that have worked for SSA in May. A Texas notary fraudulently notarized a Texas A-6 loan, (research what is a Texas-A6). He stated the loan signed in a title company, when our client checked into this, they reported that the loan did not sign in a title company. This has caused major issues with our client, the lender, and the homeowner. As a result, the company has stopped using our services. So, we will not be able to send as much work to our notaries because of the decision this notary made.

One bad notary has made it worse for hundreds of other people. This is not the time nor the way to lose business!!

Msg #640842

13 replies
Att Newbies: DO NOT PART WITH YOUR MONEY. This breaks my
By grapebed on 6/19/22 6:09pm

heart. This is worth repeating.

If you need money to pay the rent and put food on the table, do not pay money for loan signing courses, notary boot camps, listing directories and notary "educational" videos. The "educators" will gladly take your money.

Think logically. The world has changed. Why would you want to learn about a dying industry? Its hopeless. There is no debate The profits of the most seasoned notaries are dwindling. Your "competiton" is notaries who don't need the money, are looking for a hobby and want to take the car out for a joy ride. Interest rates are soaring. The volume of Refi mortgages is getting crushed.

The labor market is hot, particularly for lower paying jobs like $25 an hour plus lots of benefits. Don't get mesmerized by watching another notary educational video. Start looking for a real job first thing tomorrow morning. With a bit of luck, you will find a legitimate job within 4-6 weeks. Don't give the mobile notary business one more minute of your time. Don't donate your scarce funds to purchase a loan signing course.

The only thing worse than being a new young inexperienced notary is to be an old experienced notary. Then you will be really screwed. You will thank me later.

Msg #640812

27 replies
Rocked IPEN
By cremevette on 6/18/22 9:11am

Received two calls about taking a Skillo training and establishing an IPEN account with Nexsys. If I'm understanding this correctly, I have to pay to get two digital seals (OH/PA), a digital cert for PA, a laptop/tablet, airtime, have people sign on my ipad, and make $65/75 depending on where the loan is located.

In a suburban/rural setting, this seems even less profitable than the hybrid closings. What am I missing?

Msg #640809

5 replies
complete closers
By Wendy Hartzler on 6/17/22 11:16pm

has anyone worked with Complete Closers recently?

Msg #640790

4 replies
CA Legislative Update: Senate Hearing Set for RON Act
By Matt Miller on 6/16/22 3:53pm

Assembly Bill 1093, the Remote Online Notarization Act has its next hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee on June 28th at 10am at the Capitol in Room 2100. This will be the last opportunity to make a public comment on the bill. All letters in support are due June 21st by 12pm to be included in the bill analysis. You may submit your position letter via email to: sjud.fax@sen.ca.gov

Currently we, along with other stakeholders, are working with the authors office and committee staff to implement practical amendments that will ensure the bill works for everyone involved and remain the most robust RON law in the country. We believe that if the bill passes out of the senate and is signed into law, California will become the gold standard for Remote Online Notarization, creating a major opportunity for California Notaries.

For those planning to call in to deliver “me too” testimony in support, the call in number will be posted here http://sjud.senate.ca.gov/content/june-28-2022-bill-hearing the day before the hearing. We will also send out an email blast letting you know what the number is and instructions on how to use the call-in system.

Assembly Bill 2834, the Certificate Corrections bill was held under submission by the Assembly Appropriations Committee on May 19th and did not make the deadline to move forward in the legislative process. Unfortunately this means that the bill is dead for this session and will have to be reintroduced in the next legislative session.

It was not held because the appropriation was too great, which should be, by definition, why bills are "held in committee". It has been said the Appropriations Committee is where bills go to die. That happened with AB 2834.

If you have any questions or comments, please send an email to info@calnotaries.org and let us know how we can help.

Msg #640781

3 replies
Problems accessing NotRot this morning ...
By  Yoli/CA on 6/16/22 10:21am

using my usual Microsoft Edge. Tried and tried with same result -- unable to reach this page. Same result trying Google. Finally tried Firefox and VOILA! No issue.

Msg #640766

24 replies
RE: RTC do is Monday, June 20th counted like the June 19th .
By Mills Mobile Notary Service on 6/15/22 6:41pm

Juneteenth (June 19th) this coming Sunday is now a national holiday. The banks here are closing on the following Monday, June 20th, as the "observed" holiday due to to June 19th being a national holiday falling on Sunday.

If I need to recalculate the RTC dates do I count June 20th as a excluded date like holiday or not. I have rescission calendar that does even list Juneteenth as a holiday, which I know is wrong.

Just curious.

Msg #640754

0 replies
Fed raises rates by 75 basis points, the most in 40
By grapebed on 6/15/22 1:05pm

Year. Inflation is out of control.

Please, May I have an additional $10 print fee?

Msg #640753

0 replies
Fed raises rates by 75 basis points. n/m
By grapebed on 6/15/22 1:04pm

Msg #640751

3 replies
Better news
By Negrete on 6/15/22 12:31pm

https://www.linkedin.com/company/forbes-magazine/

Msg #640735

1 replies
Mortgage rates surge to 6 3/8% today. Fed will raise rates
By grapebed on 6/14/22 4:32pm

again tomorrow. Next stop 7.0% 30-year mortgages: The Fed is way behind in raising interest rates to effectively slow inflation.

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/markets/mortgage-rates-06132022

Msg #640731

0 replies
Century notifications, really aggrevating...
By Theresa Goodwin on 6/14/22 3:07pm

Today, I countered the offer of 100 and asked for 145 because of the distance. I did not receive the updated offer - 150. and it was assigned to another notary. This has happened before too and I checked the old offer and managed to get assigned at the higher rate. Of course this time I forgot to check the old offer.

Msg #640729

2 replies
Anyone Else Receiving E Mails From Theresa Bartram?
By PegiT_MN on 6/14/22 2:25pm

The email states that they have a client that needs a deed signed in my area and would I be able to do that. No company name, no fee mentioned, no signature block, it is clearly a scam. The e mail is from Theresa Bartram and the email address is from Theresa Batram @ gmail.com. Bartram/Batram . . . like I said . . . it is clearly a scam. I keep receiving them. I now have it blocked.

Msg #640715

1 replies
Realtors nationally adopting fire factor rating
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/14/22 8:53am

Homebuyers will be provided this new rating when considering property purchase.

What about a water factor rating? So many states are experiencing water shortages.

I recently ordered a 4-hour well test to show any potential buyer/investor of my property.

It should be standard for homes with acreage but I know people have purchased without even inquiring about water supply.

Msg #640711

6 replies
gosigningagent.com
By Mobile1/PA on 6/14/22 8:19am

WOW!
Anyone registered with them and getting these from their posted Fee Schedule?
Loan signing – $200.
E-docs printing-$50.
Travel fee: 6-10 miles-$20.
Travel fee: 11-20 miles-$30.
Travel fee: 21-30 miles-$40.
Travel fee: over 30 miles-BY QUOTE
Signing agents are paid weekly and signing jobs are paid approximately 5-10 business days after complete.

Msg #640709

40 replies
How did you prepare to become a LSA?
By Mobile1/PA on 6/14/22 8:07am

Mainly for new agents, but open to all for discussion.
Curious as to your preparation leading to your becoming a Loan Signing Agent?
Did you take a course?
What were you told were reasonable fees?
What fee would you now accept to cover an assignment?
There is so much opinion here as to not accepting low fees, breaking even, or losing money.
What do you consider your break even fee?

Msg #640703

13 replies
New Signing Agent
By Megan Beals on 6/13/22 4:40pm

Hello!

I am a new signing agent and I have been reaching out to companies to get my name and information out there. I just joined this notary organization. Is there anything else I should do to reach out through this website or will companies view my profile/information here?

Is there anything else I should know about getting my name and information to other companies? I'm hoping to receive some assignments soon!

Msg #640696

3 replies
National Loan Closings (NLC)
By  Yoli/CA on 6/13/22 10:28am

Hadn't heard from them in a very long time.

Just received a blast email for a $90 signing on 6/21st. It says buyer or seller only so don't know which it is. I responded with "No, Fee too low" and got their standard pop up reply "Thank you for your response for this closing opportunity We regret that you are unavailable for this opportunity, and look forward to working with you in the future".

I'd heard they're now owned by Title Core National. Guess new owners don't negotiate -- take it or leave it. Oh well ... if their fees are any indication of new owners' lack of respect for notaries, then perhaps I don't need to bother with them either.

SC has no new reviews since 8/2019 -- note from 8/2020 lets us know of new ownership.

Msg #640693

9 replies
Maverick economy
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/11/22 8:16pm

Let's all hope and pray we can stop hearing about a recession around the corner and that we can pull out of this runaway inflation much in the same way that Maverick (Tom Cruise) does in the final flight of his latest movie.

Saw it yesterday. Maverick gives lots of pep talk to get his top flight pilots to work as a team to be successful in destroying their enemy target. Lots of positive messages. I think it is his best work. I was pumped.

Msg #640682

5 replies
IRS increases mileage rate for remainder of 2022
By Victoria L. Rivera on 6/11/22 11:11am

Effective 1 July 2022 mileage rate goes up to .625...........

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-increases-mileage-rate-for-remainder-of-2022

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.