Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Help - My instincts say No.
Posted by  Brenda Stone of TX on 5/12/04 4:07pm Msg #1972
I had a signing last night and the lenders had already irritated the borrowers so badly we barely got it signed. I was hired by a title company and it came with a nice fee.

But, I am being asked to notarize an ack. form attached to nothing, plus asked to notarize my own signature.

Ya just don't do that!

I know some do so and are ok with it, but I have tried to justify it all day in between the appointments of a pretty busy schedule today and I am down to the wire. I just cannot do it.

How do I say this to the title company without making an enemy? If they do not hire me again, oh well, that is the price for have values that I feel I cannot bend and I will just live with it. I do not even care if they pay me, but enemies I do not need.

Most of the documents were left incomplete and I notarized those after they were signed with a few blanks still there. I am asked in another situation to sign off that taxes are paid. That's not as big of a deal because I got that info from public record. It was not a form for the bo's to sign. However, the other blanks I have no way of knowing the info and neither can the borrowers, but they said go ahead and they signed.

I feel spooked because the bo's are angry at the lender, as well.

The deed/note are ok. As it is, I have a couple of hours to get it in the fedex box, but I need some feedback to make me see another side, or to just support me in my decision, or just help me to understand.

This is the first time I have run into this -- what do you all do? I have refused to do two other notarizations in the past that were wrong and I have not regretted it because I see that it would have ruined my notary career --

So, I do not mind standing for the way I think I should go, but what do I say? What's up with this??

Brenda

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Help - My instincts say No. -  Brenda Stone on 5/12/04 4:07pm
 Re: Help - My instincts say No. - Stephanie on 5/12/04 5:12pm
 Re: Help - My instincts say No. -  Brenda Stone on 5/12/04 6:04pm
 Re: Help - My instincts say No. - mlefer2003 on 5/13/04 11:55pm
 Follow up - My instincts say No. -  Brenda Stone on 5/14/04 5:48am
 Re: Follow up - My instincts say No. - mlefer2003 on 5/15/04 9:36am
 Re: Help - My instincts say No. - Anonymous on 5/13/04 10:32am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.