Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Maryland closings and e&o
Posted by sue/pa of ? on 2/11/05 3:05pm Msg #20268
some regular notaries are going from PA into MD with nothing but a notary stamp. I know of one PA notary who apparently has his MD notary commission and probably his title producer's license. He then farms the work out to others and although I don't know for sure I'd bet they don't have the necessary requirements. One of the idiots even told a borrower that she didn't need any id because the husband was signing first. I'm sure he'd have done a great job on a test.

Anyway, I was offered a veeeeeery good deal from a title company just this week for closings in Frederick. The manager of the title company was the one that called me. At first she didn't understand why I couldn't close in Frederick if the properties were PA properties. Finally, I think/thought I got that through to her that my commission follows me, not the real estate. Then, I figured I'd better enlighten her with what little I know of your title producers requirements. She thought that was ridiculous. Because I do a lot up here for this company and because for whatever reason they love me & my work I figured my recommendation would carry a lot of weight so I gave her the phone number of a someone with a MD title producer license but as of this a.m. he hadn't heard from her yet. Can't imagine what she's doing - perhaps researching for the proper procedure - or perhaps not.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Maryland closings and e&o -  Loretta Reed on 2/11/05 9:20am
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Paul/MD on 2/11/05 9:30am
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o -  Loretta Reed on 2/11/05 9:39am
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Art_MD on 2/11/05 10:06am
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - John Charles Gober on 2/11/05 1:17pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/11/05 1:41pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o -  Loretta Reed on 2/11/05 1:48pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/11/05 2:03pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Paul/MD on 2/11/05 5:57pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/11/05 6:14pm
 Re: Bonnie- where are you located in MD n/m - Art_MD on 2/11/05 2:00pm
 Re: Bonnie- where are you located in MD n/m - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/11/05 2:04pm
 Re: Bonnie- tnks- art_md - queens anne's n/m - Art_MD on 2/11/05 2:10pm
 Re: Maryland closings and e&o - sue/pa on 2/11/05 3:05pm
 e&o - Shannon/Va on 2/11/05 7:32pm
 Re: e&o - Traci-MD on 2/11/05 9:17pm
 Re: e&o - Bonnie Glaubitz on 2/12/05 8:19am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.