Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: SD: Okay, I
Posted by Lee/AR of AR on 6/18/19 4:53pm Msg #607607
25 or more years ago, I (out of the blue) accepted a signing for $50. It was just down the block and docs were o/n and it was maybe 30 pages. 2nd one was about a week later (same co.- SOX--who became infamous for low and no pay a few years later). But this time they wanted me to go about 40 miles one way, so I said 'No, thank you'...and they asked what I'd want to do this and I just threw out 'Uh...$200' (because I really didn't want to drive that much). They said "OK". And a negotiating monster was born! While there have always been cheap companies, seems to me they all climbed on the SD train(wreck)...or, at least, are trying to see how low people will go. And, sadly, with newbs, it seems to be working.
The best advice I can give is: Do your homework and calculate both your expenses & drivetime for every place you are willing to go (you may even want to guesstimate this amount by county as some want it that way--go to the high side!)
imho, $25 print fee gets you up to a 125 pg pkg, plus add'l $5/25 add'l pgs. Add your $$/hr required...and learn to adjust on the fly for the variables--# of signers, faxbacks, collect junk & remember, the larger the pkg, the longer you'll be at the table. That original $50? Is now & has been the rock bottom minimum--even for 1 pg. across the street. Note that there are as many ways of 'calculating YOUR fee' as there are NSAs...and they all have their rationale for doing it 'their way'.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 SD: Okay, I'm done. -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/18/19 1:38pm
 Re: SD: Okay, I - pdl/cali on 6/18/19 2:04pm
 Re: SD: Okay, I - Luckydog on 6/18/19 2:10pm
 Re: SD: Okay, I - Laureen/LA on 6/18/19 2:59pm
 Re: SD: Okay, I - Luckydog on 6/18/19 3:16pm
 Re: SD: Okay, I - Laureen/LA on 6/18/19 3:33pm
 Re: SD: Okay, I - Lee/AR on 6/18/19 4:53pm
 Re: SD: Okay, I - Luckydog on 6/18/19 6:47pm
 Re: SD: Okay, I - Laureen/LA on 6/18/19 8:17pm
 Lauren/LA- The key to really making money is to develop - ananotary on 6/18/19 8:45pm
 I turned off SD notifications over 3 years ago. - ananotary on 6/18/19 8:33pm
 Ah, yes, those were the days .... -  John/CT on 6/19/19 7:45pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.