Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

The reasons for pages of notary instructions
Posted by CW2Ret/VA of VA on 6/20/19 6:52am Msg #607701
The notary who corrected the Quit Claim Deed to read Quick Claim Deed because "there is no such thing as a Quit Claim Deed"

The notary who let Daughter sign for Mom because it was to hard for Mom to sign . The minor issues were Mom and Dau were the borrowers and dau did not have a POA.

The Notary who could not stamp the Deed because her grandson had been playing with her stamp and she could not find it.

The Notary (many times) who notarize Deeds and leave dates blank. (partly Title fault for sending them to the courthouse for recording without checking - common reason for rejection) (Note: I take deeds for recording)

I did a REFI and I found out that it was a do over. The first notary spent over 2 hours. The notary spent much of the time on the phone (personal issues). Apparently the signers had to figure out where they needed to sign themselves and the Notary not check anything. After that the Notary went back twice over things not done correctly. It got to a point that the lender had to cancel everything and redo it.

The signers were upset and figuring they were in for another 2 hour signing. We had everything signed and before I left we went through everything to make sure nothing was missed. This took less than 1 hour.The borrowers copies were tab with important docs identified in case they had a follow up question (such as were the copy of the note was). They were floored and said that they never had a signing go this smooth and without any issues.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 has anyone here looked at the notary pages on FB? -  canotaryhere on 6/19/19 9:42pm
 Yup. Un-be-freaking-lievable. n/m -  Ernest__CT on 6/19/19 9:49pm
 The reasons for pages of notary instructions - CW2Ret/VA on 6/20/19 6:52am
 Those reasons, and others, are a little entertainment. -  Ernest__CT on 6/20/19 9:06am
 Re: Those reasons, and others, are a little entertainment. - Luckydog on 6/20/19 12:11pm
 I've heard about those but don't have the time to waste. -  MW/VA on 6/20/19 7:04am
 Re: has anyone here looked at the notary pages on FB? -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/20/19 7:43am
 Re: has anyone here looked at the notary pages on FB? -  canotaryhere on 6/20/19 9:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.