Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 7/13/19 6:28am Msg #608367
I find it helpful to remember that whoever receives the package has a paper recycling bin. As long as the loose certificate has a good description of what it is attached to, it will be hard to attach it to something else. And if it didn't need to be notarized, the unneeded certificates can just be recycled.

This approach would mean that one wouldn't write "see attached certificate(s)" on the signature page. That does slightly raise the risk of the certificates being transferred to a different document, because if the intended document says "see attached certificate(s)" but there aren't any, that could raise questions which *might* lead to the discovery of any impropriety; without the notation, there is less chance the transfer would be noticed. But I've never been in the habit of writing "see attached certificate" unless there was already a certificate that I was crossing out.

Finally, this month I join CA notaries in having to staple certificates to the associated "record", which is what VT notaries now call documents.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries - Sue on 7/12/19 1:51pm
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries - Calnotary on 7/12/19 2:24pm
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries - Sue on 7/12/19 2:29pm
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries - Kellosh/CA on 7/12/19 2:44pm
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries - Sue on 7/12/19 3:04pm
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries - SteveS/CA on 7/12/19 4:31pm
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries - Kellosh/CA on 7/13/19 11:38am
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries - Sue on 7/15/19 10:53am
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries -  VT_Syrup on 7/15/19 11:50am
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries -  Doris_CO on 7/12/19 4:43pm
 Simple on this one, Please.- CA Notaries - Signerbill on 7/12/19 3:23pm
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries -  JanetK_CA on 7/12/19 6:29pm
 Best answer to JanetK - Clem/CA on 7/12/19 10:09pm
 Re: Need Quick Response on this one, Please.- CA Notaries -  VT_Syrup on 7/13/19 6:28am
 I've never seen a Rider like that & if they wanted it -  MW/VA on 7/13/19 8:56am
 Re: I - Luckydog on 7/13/19 10:19am
 Any update on this Sue? n/m -  MW/VA on 7/13/19 3:01pm
 Re: Any update on this Sue? - Sue on 7/15/19 11:01am
 I have blank "All Purpose Acks" that I only use occasionally -  MW/VA on 7/16/19 1:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.