Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Do you have a free or paid Yelp Listing?
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 7/14/19 2:11pm Msg #608396
I've toyed with the idea of removing my listing on Yelp for similar reasons. Fortunately, I've not had any issues with negative ratings, but I've been hounded a few times by high-pressure sales people at Yelp trying to get me to pay for advertising there. For reasons related to my business plans and personal goals (which are none of their business - or anyone else's), paying for a listing there doesn't make sense for me. Yet their sales people act like they know better. I've found some of their tactics to be flat out abrasive - "I don't understand why you wouldn't want to get more business...", or something along those lines.

There also seems to be more than a bit of manipulation in the way their whole system works. And businesses can be at the mercy of reviewers with less than honest motivations. So far, I'm leaving it alone, but I've not been impressed with their corporate values.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notaries Who advertise - pdl/cali on 7/11/19 11:53pm
 Re: Notaries Who advertise -  Roger_OH on 7/12/19 12:22am
 Re: Notaries Who advertise - LisaKT/CA on 7/12/19 2:06am
 Re: Notaries Who advertise - pdl/cali on 7/12/19 1:07pm
 Do you have a free or paid Yelp Listing? - Michelle/AL on 7/13/19 11:01am
 Re: Do you have a free or paid Yelp Listing? - pdl/cali on 7/13/19 2:00pm
 Re: Do you have a free or paid Yelp Listing? -  JanetK_CA on 7/14/19 2:11pm
 Re: Do you have a free or paid Yelp Listing? - Luckydog on 7/14/19 6:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.