Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Code of Conduct for Real Estate Agents at Signings
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 11/5/19 8:52am Msg #611964
Well, code of conduct or not doesn't matter unfortunaltey. Are you a new NSA Eve? The reason I say that is you cannot show weakness or any indication you lost control of your closing, or start stumbling around with closing documents.
The only time I release my grip on a closing is at an attorney closing and then follow his/her lead. They tend to be timley and over see their client's needs, and that's fine by me. Also if the LO is present, if there are questions regarding the loan, that is also fine, never a realtor.
I would never allow a realtor to touch my stack of papers. If they want to review anything they can see their Alta, not even the CD. We are not allowed to give any 3rd party any papers, especially when they act like that. Nope.
At some point you stop the closing and nicely tell her "excuse me, but I am hired to close this loan and go over these documents with MY borrowers, please allow me to do my job, and refrain from any small talk until I am finished, and then you have all day to catch up. If you have questions, please call the title company or lender, but I must continue on".

You have to keep the power, but you also need to know what you are doing. That can only come with the experience of closing thousand's of loans, dressing the part and go in with a storng prescence of taking control nicely right from that handshake. Sometimes I even tell them the order I want and where to sit at the closing table, and the realtor is at the back because they have no part unless time to witness something .
I am sorry this happens to you...I get this once in a awhile from borrowers when they want to control their the closing, but that's my job and why I get paid, so nip that in the bud right away.

IF this happens and they complain later (which they will), you need to immedialty at the table contact your hiring party and explain to them the realtor is interfering with your cloinsg, will not stop, how should I proceed? You are cutting their power off then and there from complaining about you later, AND make them feel stupid.

Good luck!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Code of Conduct for Real Estate Agents at Signings -  Eve/VA on 11/5/19 7:32am
 I have read the old posts which were extremely helpful. n/m -  Eve/VA on 11/5/19 7:34am
 This is why I won't accept purchase closings anymore where - Eva75Eva on 11/5/19 8:46am
 Re: Code of Conduct for Real Estate Agents at Signings - Luckydog on 11/5/19 8:52am
 Re: Code of Conduct for Real Estate Agents at Signings -  Rose/TX on 11/5/19 8:54pm
 Why are you presuming I'm new and you are the teachers??? n/m -  Eve/VA on 11/6/19 2:52pm
 Did you intend to be condescending? No, I'm not a new NSA. -  Eve/VA on 11/6/19 2:51pm
 Don't let it get to you. They're just trying to 'look good'. - Lee/AR on 11/5/19 8:52am
 Don't let it get to you. They're just trying to 'look good'. - NVLSlady/VA on 11/5/19 10:53am
 I like that phrase, too. - Lee/AR on 11/5/19 1:11pm
 Thanks Lee and NVL Lady - you got me!! n/m -  Eve/VA on 11/6/19 2:53pm
 They're just trying to 'look good'. Exactly!! -  JanetK_CA on 11/5/19 5:24pm
 Good thoughts - thank you. n/m -  Eve/VA on 11/6/19 2:54pm
 Get them to babysit the kids while you do the closing! n/m - Bear900/CA on 11/5/19 11:21am
 Re: Get them to babysit the kids while you do the closing! -  Rose/TX on 11/5/19 9:00pm
 Re: Code of Conduct for Real Estate Agents at Signings -  Anita Edwards on 11/5/19 1:35pm
 Another good line! - NVLSlady/VA on 11/5/19 2:14pm
 Re: Code of Conduct for Real Estate Agents at Signings - Luckydog on 11/5/19 4:27pm
 I'm a realtor/broker associate - Connie Thingstad on 11/5/19 7:56pm
 Re: I - Luckydog on 11/5/19 8:08pm
 Re: Code of Conduct Re the CDs -  Eve/VA on 11/6/19 3:11pm
 Re: Code of Conduct for Real Estate Agents at Signings -  Eve/VA on 11/6/19 3:01pm
 I"m confused as it's law for them to sign off on the CD befo - Connie Thingstad on 11/6/19 10:06pm
 Re: I"m confused as it -  JanetK_CA on 11/7/19 1:24am
 I agree..it's slacking off - Connie Thingstad on 11/7/19 9:56am
 Re: I"m confused as it - Luckydog on 11/7/19 2:50pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.