Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

CA acknowledgement question.
Posted by Susan/CA of CA on 11/24/21 12:14pmMsg #636351
I have been doing loan signings for 21 years. This is the first time I have ever been asked to do this.

Every time I notarize out of state documents I change the state and county at the top of the document in addition to attaching the correct acknowledgment or jurat below if needed. I have a title company demanding I was not supposed to correct the state and city at the top of the page(I changed it to California as the state and Los Angeles as the county) . Is it possible I have been doing this wrong for 21 years? The document was the “Affidavit of Occupancy.” How do you do it?

From the closing team:

—- What was corrected was ABOVE your acknowledgement and is exempt from the statutes. What you changed was the property address information. Las Vegas is NOT in LA County, CA.

Please make the necessary corrections. Again, Since it is not part of your acknowledgement, it does not pertain to the statute, and should not have been corrected. —

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 CA acknowledgement question. - Susan/CA on 11/24/21 12:14pm
 Re: CA acknowledgement question. -  Yoli/CA on 11/24/21 12:25pm
 Re: CA acknowledgement question. - Susan/CA on 11/24/21 2:31pm
 YUP don't touch. - Signerbill on 11/24/21 12:45pm
 Re: CA acknowledgement question. - jnew on 11/24/21 3:59pm
 Re: CA acknowledgement question. - Art_MD on 11/24/21 4:57pm
 I see many w/ blanks at doc top & no venue lines above Cert. - Lee/AR on 11/24/21 7:49pm
 Discussed before - Clem/CA on 11/24/21 10:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.