Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Question
Posted by LorraineK/FL of ? on 1/7/05 12:54am Msg #15670
I work for Vital Statistics in Florida. After 9/11 the feds reviewed our procedures and suggested that we tighten up on security. The results were that our application either has to be notarized, or the applicant needs to submit a copy of their photo ID (DL, MIL, Passport, or State ID card). Our newer forms accomodate the notarization, but most people just send a copy of their picture ID. If someone sent in an older form that didn't accomodate the notarization, the request would not be disallowed because of the form itself, but might be rejected if the applicant didn't meet the security requirement (loose acknowledgment, jurat, or acceptable photo ID.)

Florida also has a form called an Affidavit of Release that can be notarized to authorize a typically ineligible party to be able to receive a birth record (that you are eligible to receive) on your behalf.

I am not familiar with California's rules or their form, but I thought I would share the above for those that might need to know in Florida.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Question - DellaCA on 1/6/05 12:59pm
 Re: Question -  PAW Notary Services on 1/6/05 1:34pm
 Re: Question - DellaCa on 1/6/05 5:15pm
 Re: Question - LorraineK/FL on 1/7/05 12:54am
 Re: Question - DellaCa on 1/7/05 2:56am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.