Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Office Of The Great Seal said.........
Posted by Maureen - MI of ? on 5/11/05 1:30pm Msg #37138
Ted,

I spoke with the Office Of The Great Seal just a few minutes ago. First I spoke with a lady named Rose, she then had me talk to Robin at the Office Of The Great Seal.
Robin (who has been at the Office Of The Great Seal for 2 years) stated that there is NOT a color that has to be used. The Office Of The Great Seal "recommends" using "BLUE INK" - - this is only a recommendation and is Not required. They only recommend Blue Ink because, you can tell the difference between the photo copies and the original.
Even our stamps (with our name, when our commission expires, acting in County of ___ etc.) don't have to be a certain color.
Robin said to refer everyone to MCL 55.287 -- which is in reference to "Signature of Notary Public" - which does NOT stipulate any color whatsoever.
Robin also stated that no one can impose requirements on Notaries that aren't in the Acts.
She also stated that Oakland County Register Of Deeds is breaking the Law, by telling the Notary to use certain color ink.

As we all know, Notaries can't draw up the documents -- so if there is a requirement for the documents..... we as Notaries are not concerned with that part (up to the Lenders etc.).

So, that's the info I got from the State Of Michigan.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Re: Attn. MI notaries - update - important !! - Ted_MI on 5/10/05 2:33pm
 Re: Attn. MI notaries - update - important !! -  Charm_AL on 5/10/05 3:02pm
 Re: Attn. MI notaries - update - important !! -  Ted_MI on 5/11/05 11:20am
 Re: Attn. MI notaries - CYA - Art_MD on 5/11/05 11:31am
 Ted, don't worry about tonight! - Julie-MI on 5/10/05 3:08pm
 Re: Ted, don't worry about tonight! - Ted_MI on 5/11/05 11:28am
 Office Of The Great Seal said......... - Maureen - MI on 5/11/05 1:30pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.