Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Testimony by HI Attorney General on RON
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 9/11/19 12:41pm Msg #610115
This document

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/Session2019/Testimony/HB77_HD1_TESTIMONY_CPH_03-12-19_.PDF

has testimony from March by the Hawaii attorney general on remote onlline notarization. The gist of it is RON has not established a track record of preventing fraud. There is also an interesting discussion of how the court clerks examine submitted notarized documents, comparing the seal on the document with the seal on file. (Apparently HI notaries have to submit specimen seal impressions to the state as part of the commissioning process.)

I hope their Bureau of Conveyances are happy with my certificates for a real estate transaction, which are on the way. Of course, mine are paper.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Testimony by HI Attorney General on RON -  VT_Syrup on 9/11/19 12:41pm
 ~like~ n/m -  MW/VA on 9/12/19 11:23am
 Interesting. Thanks for sharing. n/m - Michelle/AL on 9/16/19 10:09am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.