Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: You
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 11/30/19 12:44amMsg #613016
There's another side to what Luckydog said, as well. This will vary with every signing service, but if they're busy, they may not appreciate having a light shined on them which causes a sudden onslaught of phone calls and emails from other notaries who want to sign up with them. It seems counter-intuitive not to share your positive experience here, but it might not be a kindness to them - if it does turn out that they're one of the good guys.

I first learned this years ago from a signing service owner who said on his website that he charged notaries to get into his data base. He told me (when he was calling me with an appointment request) that he does that just to keep from being bombarded with calls.

Also, keep in mind that the MO of many ss is to be nice (and pay in a timely manner) to a new-to-them notary in the beginning. The notary then concludes that all those negative reviews must be wrong, so they accept a lot more work from that company. Now they're owed for a whole bunch of signings and suddenly the checks don't come so quickly anymore.

I've made it a policy to not rate a company unless I've worked for them over a period of time and found them to be consistent. The exception, of course, would be if I have a bad experience... Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Optimum Notary Signing Service. Very positive experience. - NK_UT on 11/29/19 10:13am
 Re: Optimum Notary Signing Service. Very positive experience. -  Yoli/CA on 11/29/19 12:03pm
 Re: Optimum Notary Signing Service. Very positive experience. - NK_UT on 11/29/19 1:00pm
 "Well done, Grasshopper." :) n/m -  Yoli/CA on 11/29/19 1:17pm
 LOL Yoli!! :)... n/m - Linda_H/FL on 11/29/19 1:18pm
 lol n/m - NK_UT on 11/29/19 8:16pm
 You're fortunate & the fees in your area are great! It all -  MW/VA on 11/29/19 6:35pm
 Re: You - NK_UT on 11/29/19 8:17pm
 Re: You - Luckydog on 11/29/19 9:01pm
 Re: You - NK_UT on 11/29/19 9:53pm
 Re: You -  JanetK_CA on 11/30/19 12:44am
 Re: You - NK_UT on 12/2/19 12:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.