Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: First/Worst Signing.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 10/18/20 12:27amMsg #625474
From the information you posted, it's impossible for any of us to tell you for sure whether or not this will be a re-sign. It sounds like not all corrections you did were the same. Whether or not the corrections you made will be accepted may vary from one document to the next, by who the lender is, by how fussy the County Recorder is (or whatever it's called there), and by what your state law requires. Also, keep in mind that most notarized documents do not get recorded.

I recommend you contact your client Monday morning and let them know what happened. Together you can work out a solution. Worse than making a mistake (which everyone does once in a while), is not saying or doing anything about it. Your standing with them may go up a peg when they hear about it from you before they find it on their own. This could also vary from one company to the next, but if I wanted to do more business with them, I'd do whatever I could to make it right.

It may not be as bad as you think it is, especially if you're willing to be the one to bear any inconvenience and cost (i.e. your additional time, travel, maybe even shipping, if necessary) for fixing whatever needs to be fixed - if anything. (But don't let them manipulate you into doing anything illegal.)

In the meantime, take a deep breath and relax. Then spend some time listing lessons learned (it sounds like you already have a good start on that... Wink) and put together a prevention plan for the future. Next time something goes wrong (and it will), you'll have a much better idea of how to handle it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 First/Worst Signing. - Jazmyn Sampson on 10/17/20 11:22am
 Re: First/Worst Signing. - Linda_H/FL on 10/17/20 12:13pm
 Re: First/Worst Signing. - Blueink_TN on 10/17/20 12:32pm
 Re: First/Worst Signing. - Luckydog on 10/17/20 4:33pm
 Re: First/Worst Signing. - Jazmyn Sampson on 10/17/20 7:43pm
 Re: First/Worst Signing. -  JanetK_CA on 10/18/20 12:27am
 Re: First/Worst Signing. -  VT_Syrup on 10/18/20 7:13am
 Re: First/Worst Signing. - Lee/AR on 10/18/20 7:15am
 Re: First/Worst Signing. - Luckydog on 10/18/20 11:53am
 Don't beat yourself up! -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/18/20 1:25pm
 when it refers to "entity" ..... - notarydi/CA on 10/18/20 4:28pm
 Re: when it refers to "entity" ..... - NVLSlady/VA on 10/18/20 5:15pm
 Re: when it refers to "entity" ..... - CopperheadTX on 10/20/20 11:07am
 Re: First/Worst Signing. -  canotaryhere on 10/20/20 6:25pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.