Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Patriot Act
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 4/5/21 5:52pm Msg #631017
The notary rotary system states that Iris Gravenius is from CA. That's important.

The standard CA acknowledgement certificate as shown in the CA notary handbook states, in part,

"On _________ before me, (here insert name and title of officer), personally appeared..."

So regardless of how many other places on the page it says you're a notary, you have to write "Iris Gravenius Notary Public" in that line.

Interestingly, the jurat that's used for oath's and affirmations doesn't have that requirement (although your seal will state that you're a notary).

Many other states also have a requirement that the title of office appear somewhere in the certificate, although many states aren't very fussy about exactly where you put it.

But when I'm not performing any notarial act, I avoid using the title "notary public". Usually I'll write "signing agent".
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Patriot Act - Iris Gravenius on 4/5/21 2:56pm
 Re: Patriot Act - Luckydog on 4/5/21 3:02pm
 I only ever use "Notary Public" when a designation is -  MW/VA on 4/5/21 3:17pm
 I always used "Signing Agent" on those forms - Linda_H/FL on 4/5/21 3:48pm
 Re: Patriot Act -  JanetK_CA on 4/5/21 5:39pm
 Re: Patriot Act - VT_Syrup on 4/5/21 5:52pm
 Re: Patriot Act -- agree with Janet and VT n/m -  Yoli/CA on 4/6/21 10:15am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.