Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: slow down in mtg refi
Posted by Mills Mobile Notary Service of OR on 6/6/21 2:27pm Msg #632585
Refinances have definitely slowed. Before interest rated dropped with the virus outbreak in March 2020, I was doing 3 or 4 signings a week. After that, for the next 12 months I worked as much as I wanted and averaged 10 + per week and turned down many more.

Starting in April, refi's slowed and now I averaging 4 - 9 a week, and it's less predictable. Some days I run all day long doing same day requests, then other days its crickets. I am doing more sellers & buyers and less refi's but refi's are still the majority of my work. I refer out most of my GNW requests, they just not profitable compared to real estate work.

The refi boom came at the absolutely best time for me, since I was fairly new and just getting established as a notary. It allowed me to because established with the big established companies that schedule signings a week or more out. Today is Sunday and I have 4 signings booked for this coming week which is good, plus one scheduled for the following week.

The refi boom was too crazy to continue very long.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 slow down in mtg refi's - wally46 on 6/6/21 9:18am
 Compared to same time last year -- yes, has slowed down -  Yoli/CA on 6/6/21 10:31am
 Re: slow down in mtg refi - SteveS/CA on 6/6/21 10:55am
 Yes, & it's a planned slowdown in some cases. I have a -  MW/VA on 6/6/21 11:24am
 Re: slow down in mtg refi - aanotary on 6/6/21 1:19pm
 I'm on your ship. I truly believe that a notary public in - Alz on 6/6/21 1:37pm
 Re: slow down in mtg refi - Mills Mobile Notary Service on 6/6/21 2:27pm
 Re: slow down in mtg refi - Luckydog on 6/10/21 5:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.