Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 7/21/21 3:27pm Msg #633699
Your 2nd link is a really interesting article, with a great description of how mRNA works. I've read elsewhere that research on mRNA has been in the works for at least 15 years. It's a completely different approach to fighting viruses than previous vaccines.

The upshot of what I got from the article is that mRNA simply acts as a temporary courier with instructions to cells to produce antibodies, then it gets destroyed. For those who didn't read all the way through, here's some interesting conclusions at the end about its safety:

"The mRNA cannot get into the cell nucleus and it cannot affect a person’s DNA.

Although these are new vaccines, the underlying technology was initially developed many years ago and improved incrementally over time. As a result, the vaccines have been well tested for safety. The success of these mRNA vaccines against COVID-19, in terms of safety and efficacy, predicts a bright future for new vaccine therapies that can be quickly tailored to new, emerging threats. Early-stage clinical trials using mRNA vaccines have already been conducted for influenza, Zika, rabies, and cytomegalovirus. Certainly, creative scientists are already considering and developing therapies for other diseases or disorders that might benefit from an approach similar to that used for the vaccines against COVID-19."

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu - Mills Mobile Notary Service on 7/20/21 6:15pm
 Re: C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu - Luckydog on 7/20/21 6:50pm
 Re: C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu -  JanetK_CA on 7/20/21 7:38pm
 Re: C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu - Carolyn Bodley on 7/20/21 7:55pm
 Re: C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu - Luckydog on 7/21/21 8:19am
 Re: My second paragraph n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 7/21/21 1:32pm
 Re: C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu - MikeC/TX on 7/21/21 5:33pm
 Re: C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu - Joy/AK on 7/21/21 3:21am
 Re: Discussion has become borderline political n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 7/21/21 7:32am
 Re: C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu - Luckydog on 7/21/21 8:31am
 Re: C2C is asking for me to volunteer my COVID vaccination statu -  JanetK_CA on 7/21/21 3:27pm
 Interesting and I don't understand the thinking behind - Linda_H/FL on 7/21/21 8:14am
 Re: Interesting and I don - Luckydog on 7/21/21 10:44am
 Re: Interesting and I don -  JanetK_CA on 7/21/21 2:49pm
 Re: Additionally, if only updating profiles, - Carolyn Bodley on 7/21/21 1:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.