Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I just received commission packet,how should I proceed?
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 9/13/21 10:13am Msg #635091
You seem to be mixing together the idea of a bond, which is required for notaries in some states, and errors and omissions insurance, which is optional insurance to protect you against liability claims in case you make a notary-related mistake (or someone claims you made a notary-related mistake).

For CA, most notaries need to file a bond. I don't know the amount, but it will be the same for everybody whether one is an NSA or not. There is no advantage to getting a larger bond, because it doesn't protect you, it protects the public. If a successful claim is made and the bonding company pays the claim, you will have to reimburse the bonding company.

The errors and omissions insurance company will supply a lawyer to handle your case if you are sued for something that the insurance covers, and if you lose, they will pay the claim, up t the amount of the insurance. You won't have to reimburse them. This is optional in nearly all states, but quite a few title companies and signing agencies won't give you any assignments unless you have it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I just received commission packet,how should I proceed? - YI Luan on 9/12/21 9:33pm
 Re: I just received commission packet,how should I proceed? -  Ilene C. Seidel on 9/13/21 7:48am
 Re: I just received commission packet,how should I proceed? -  Yoli/CA on 9/13/21 9:23am
 Re: I just received commission packet,how should I proceed? - VT_Syrup on 9/13/21 10:13am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.