Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Pronouns. If blank "they" acceptable singular or plural
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 9/14/22 11:14am Msg #642303
No one is in charge of all the people who accept or reject notarized documents. Even the notary's state has some guidance that says "they" can be used when there is only one signer, the agency in the notary's state that regulates notaries have no control over the land records officials in all the states. It seems that in CA, the SOS can't make county land records offices accept language that the SOS's educational material for notaries indicates is OK.

Since HeatheR/CA hasn't provided proof from every single agency and person in the world that "they" is acceptable when there is only one signer, I view the statement as untrue.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Florida notary authority to refuse service? - VT_Syrup on 9/13/22 12:25pm
 Where did you get the idea the notary notarized - Linda_H/FL on 9/13/22 4:05pm
 Re: Where did you get the idea the notary notarized - VT_Syrup on 9/13/22 4:35pm
 Re: Where did you get the idea the notary notarized - VT_Syrup on 9/13/22 4:50pm
 Re: Pronouns. I no longer circle pronouns due to the newly - HeatherR/CA on 9/13/22 7:32pm
 Re: Pronouns. I no longer circle pronouns due to the newly - VT_Syrup on 9/13/22 7:41pm
 Re: Pronouns. If blank 'they' acceptable singular or plural n/m - HeatherR/CA on 9/14/22 10:44am
 Re: Pronouns. If blank "they" acceptable singular or plural - VT_Syrup on 9/14/22 11:14am
 Re: Florida notary authority to refuse service? - PaigeTurner on 9/14/22 4:09pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.