Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Rates in PA
Posted by TinaMA of MA on 8/4/03 7:59am Msg #60
You should NEVER accept any signing for less than $50.00. Other than that, fees are going to depend on how your area is.

You're going to need to research your area and see how many Notaries there are in your area. If you're the only Notary in a 50 mile radius you can name your price. If you're one of 50 Notaries in that same area, you're going to be competing with the other 49 Notaries – and chances are, one of them will always undercut the rest of you.

You'll know if you're charging too much if the SS tells you that, "they need to check with their supervisor and will get back to you." That's code for "I can find someone to do this signing cheaper."

I would suggest making yourself a fee list to keep with you at all times. When a SS calls you, you’ll be able to look at your list and know what you charge for that city/town.

This is a lot of work – it took me almost a week to come up with fees for every city/town in MA. But this is very well worth it. You will always know what to charge.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Rates in PA - TinaMA on 8/4/03 7:59am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.