Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Notary Expense Software
Posted by Patrick Bailey of ME on 8/7/03 3:11am Msg #62
I was wondering how many of you as Notary Publics are aware of the fact that Notary income is exempt from Self Employment taxes under IRS guidlines??? I understand if I am using a vehicle for my personal use, then say I have a "regular" job and then do Signings as well that I might need to distinguish which part of my expenses are related to which function of my life. I don't know about other States, but The Great State of Maine where I live uses the same tax code as the IRS and so my Notary income is exempt from State Self Employment Tax as well. I live on a disabilty pension from the VA and SSDI and in 10 years performing "Witness" closings I've yet to be audited by the State or the IRS due to the exemption of my income from self employment tax. This information is readily available, at least as far as I know, fom NNA which is where I got the info from when they were in their previous incarnation as NASA! Most of the record keeping I perform is what is required of me by State law to document the transactions I perform in my Office as Notary Public.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notary Expense Software - Patrick Bailey on 8/7/03 3:11am
 Re: Notary Expense Software - colorless_AZ on 12/18/04 2:55am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.