Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Don't throw rocks at me BUT - There are instances in
Posted by Bob_Chicago of IL on 7/26/11 2:39pm Msg #391337
business. where company does not require a formal notarization, such as when a real estate
document need to be recorded. but merely wants to be certain, for it's own internal purposes,
that a person signing a document electronically is, in fact, the party who he represents himself to be.
Have not studied the linked info carefully, but seems that it involves people providing info to verify their identity and notary types willing to certify that the party signed the document has been validly registered with the system.
This is not the same as formal notarizations as perfomed by folks like us, which do , of course, require personal appearance and verification of ID dox.
In the right circumstances, this might be a service that is usefull. Obviously the internet is here to stay, and more and more dox are being signed electronically. This service provides a method for verifying that the person signing is who they are supposed to be.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 online notary service - FGX/NJ on 7/26/11 12:39pm
 Re: online notary service - PA_Notary_II on 7/26/11 1:42pm
 Re: online notary service - I agree with PA_NOTARY_II n/m -  HARRY_PA on 7/26/11 2:17pm
 Whaaaaat????? n/m -  JanetK_CA on 7/26/11 1:46pm
 That was my reaction, too, Janet n/m - GOLDGIRL/CA on 7/26/11 1:50pm
 Don't throw rocks at me BUT - There are instances in - Bob_Chicago on 7/26/11 2:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.