Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Widowed when my son was 13, income slashed by 2/3
Posted by  Marian_in_CA of CA on 7/26/11 5:40pm Msg #391391
So agreed. I'm so glad that we could all work together to help Anne. I know that in today's economy, with many of us not working as much as we want...I'm sure we all wish we could donate far more than we have. It was in my case. If I could, I would have given 100 times more if I could. Paul gave so much to our community.

I, too, can attest to hoe even the smallest bits of generosity can mean after the loss of a loved one. I had a baby daughter pass not long after her birth *she was premature)., right before Christmas. We were in college and broke as broke college students could be. My great aunt sewed a doll dress for her to be buried in, the funeral home donated their services to us, including her casket. Somebody paid for her burial plot for us, and do this day I don't know who did that - the city just told us it was somebody who wanted to remain anonymous. And, the sister of one of my husband's coworkers paid for her headstone. The generosity of these people is still appreciated to this day... they were all small things, but in adding up, it meant the world to us, and still does. Every little thing, no matter how small, really does help relieve some of the stress and grief.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 we will hit 2000. -  BrendaTx on 7/26/11 2:05pm
 GREAT JOB! n/m -  Les_CO on 7/26/11 2:11pm
 Re: we will hit 2000. -  Barb25 on 7/26/11 2:20pm
 Widowed when my son was 13, income slashed by 2/3 -  Susan Fischer on 7/26/11 3:05pm
 Amen, Susan. I am so glad you said that. -  BrendaTx on 7/26/11 4:24pm
 Re: Widowed when my son was 13, income slashed by 2/3 -  Marian_in_CA on 7/26/11 5:40pm
 Re: Widowed when my son was 13, income slashed by 2/3 - Jules/CA on 7/26/11 8:21pm
 Small kindnesses. Some might call them angels and if -  Susan Fischer on 7/26/11 10:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.