Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I think I failed to be clear
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 1/14/18 12:04pm Msg #588696
This is not about me (except the part about the weather. I agree with Cheryl about the travails of getting where we need to go in mud or floods or snow and icy roads. But that's another topic). This was about the single men of today who see absolutely no problem requiring a single woman come to their house and be alone with them. This is not about my personal safety. Or yours. We can handle ourselves. (The only thing that really scares me are the borrowers' pitbulls.) My post was about what our signers, the single men, are thinking in this day and age of #MeToo. Over the years, I've been to the homes of many single men, including 3 last month for RMs, but still, as I sat there at the signing table, I couldn't help but wonder "what were they thinking"?

And this post was not about what I or we want. I always give people the option to meet some where other than their home (many people are eager to change location or need to change the time because of scheduling conflicts.) Always happy to accommodate.

So thanks to Lee and Mike, esp., for your valuable input of something to think about.

As for LD: The last thing I need from someone like you is career advice. The only sensible thing you wrote was that it's not up the NSA to move or change a location, but who in this thread said it was? Totally OT. We never demand to meet elsewhere. As for your remark "as a professional who did this daily, it would never cross my mind to make a false accusation against a client." That is so disgusting and appalling that I don't even know how to respond except to think you've gone completely off the rails this time. Where do you come up with this stuff? And re your remark about meeting people at the business center, I've signed several borrowers inside their hotel rooms, the most recent was the new forest ranger who, I knew going in, was unmarried. I did not request or even suggest he meet me in the lobby when he told me he wanted to sign in his room. If you feel you have to meet these people in the lounge area, maybe you're the one who's lost it and should move on. Oh, that's right, you have.

So, again, this post was not about ME. It's not about any of YOU either or how you conduct your business or what you think about the people we meet or how excited you are to go new places or vetting or mace or the safeguards we take, and remember the posts from NSAs who pack? I don't care about any of that. It's about the single guys of today and what *they* are thinking. Or not thinking? Personally, I'd guess it's the latter (as Mike kinda said).
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... - BearPaw/CO on 1/13/18 7:25pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... - Lee/AR on 1/13/18 9:39pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... Want to add - Lee/AR on 1/14/18 9:48am
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... -  VT_Syrup on 1/13/18 10:40pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... - MikeC/TX on 1/13/18 10:45pm
 Agree with Lee - Luckydog on 1/14/18 12:34am
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/14/18 7:36am
 I think I failed to be clear - BearPaw/CO on 1/14/18 12:04pm
 have to agree with Lee and Mike...... - notarydi/CA on 1/14/18 1:35pm
 Hilarious, di. - BearPaw/CO on 1/14/18 2:30pm
 Re: I think I failed to be clear - MikeC/TX on 1/14/18 5:55pm
 Re: I think I failed to be clear -  JanetK_CA on 1/14/18 6:06pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... - Signerbill on 1/14/18 2:56pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... -  JanetK_CA on 1/14/18 5:03pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... - BearPaw/CO on 1/14/18 6:24pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... - Lee/AR on 1/14/18 7:02pm
 Only one off the rail is you - Luckydog on 1/14/18 7:05pm
 Re: Only one off the rail is you - Luckydog on 1/14/18 7:09pm
 No need to get personal... -  JanetK_CA on 1/14/18 8:41pm
 For everyone's edification, METOO# isn't just about -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/16/18 4:58pm
 Meant to include this link re. METOO# -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/16/18 8:51pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... -  JanetK_CA on 1/14/18 8:04pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... - SteveS/CA on 1/15/18 1:19pm
 Re: Call me crazy, call me paranoid ... - Expeditor on 1/16/18 12:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.