Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

We hire the SS, they do not hire us
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 5/21/18 10:56pm Msg #593585
Today was a prime example of forgetting who we are and what we do. A SS does not hire us...they reach out to us by throwing out a mass text, or the really great ones will still call to make an offer of what we are worth to do their closing for them. We can, and should be able to negotiate, but rarely the case in a text blast, giving them all the power of non negotiating a closing assignment. A SS is just the middleman who takes their cut once that connection has been made between the title company and the NSA, and the closing has been completed and returned. This business has plenty of money to go around to make a decent living for everyone, including us... the buyer is never paying less on the CD, if anything, title charges increase all the time and our prices asked are decreasing.

We are one of the only few professions that base our work on a stranger's word, not even a handshake or meeting them in person or even know where they are from...all's we have is an email confirmation from the WWW. How many of us can tell a business "hey, I'll pay you in a month or so, do me a favor and print this 270 pages on your dime and take it here, use your gas and pay your tolls now, oh, BTW, it may take an hour or two because they are _____, and I'll pay you later" ...then you do the work and get "I'm sorry, they decided to rescind and not proceed, I can't pay you, but will keep you first in mind next time"... and many NSA's just accept that, and a win for them because it shows them that you have no backbone and a sucker to agree again to that nonsense some more.

We extend lines of credit. We are makeshift lenders who can afford it the least. Our only line of defense is to take a quick look on here; SC and read the forum and perhaps google them and try and make a decision in seconds if they are credit worthy. We need to demand that all Signing Services be represented in SC so we can at least make an informed decision. We need to stand up for each other and demand more from SS's to at least pay us for our credit extended for work done.

This is by no means a bash on SS's and the majority of my work is from them, and I appreciate the ones I have been in business with for over a decade. It's a partnership of give and take. You will never see ravishing reviews for a TRUE 5 star company in the forum because they don't need it, they don't want it, they do not ask for it. They have their company listed in SC, they have earned their 4-5 stars honestly and they have no issues finding NSA's to work for them. It's a reputation they built, as we do with them. They respect us, they know our worth and it's a beautiful, mutual thing of respect and professionalism. When these stars align, our job is fantastic.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 We hire the SS, they do not hire us - Luckydog on 5/21/18 10:56pm
 I nominate this as Best Post of the Year. Must read & heed. n/m - Lee/AR on 5/22/18 8:02am
 Re: I nominate this as Best Post of the Year. Must read & heed. -  Ilene C. Seidel on 5/22/18 9:35am
 Re: We hire the SS, they do not hire us - SteveS/CA on 5/22/18 8:54am
 Since around 2015, signing services through SD -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/22/18 9:41am
 Re: At least in my area, notaries are afraid to say no. - Louisiana33 on 5/22/18 9:55am
 just remember, good ain't cheap, cheap ain't good -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/22/18 10:17am
 Re: At least in my area, notaries are afraid to say no. - Luckydog on 5/22/18 10:36am
 Re: At least in my area, notaries are afraid to say no. -  sparky/NM on 5/22/18 5:09pm
 Moment of clarity n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 5/22/18 10:04am
 Driver's seat - NVLSlady/VA on 5/22/18 10:19am
 I agree 100%. This is a great post & reality check. You -  MW/VA on 5/22/18 10:39am
 Re: I agree 100%. This is a great post & reality check. You - Luckydog on 5/22/18 10:52am
 Re: I agree 100%. This is a great post & reality check. You - Linda Professional Resource Group, Inc. on 5/22/18 11:31am
 All this need to stop! This is not how this forum operates! n/m -  MW/VA on 5/22/18 11:49am
 Actually. We need them, as they Need Us. - Serafina Light on 5/23/18 12:38pm
 This may come as a Shock . . . - NVLSlady/VA on 5/23/18 1:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.