Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Good job, Matt...and all the notaries that opposed AB199.
Posted by Matt Miller of CA on 4/10/19 9:25pm Msg #605280
Thank you Janet, I agree with you on many points. I too noticed some interesting things being said by the proponents. In regards to the authors closing remarks, I truly believe that Mr. Calderon hasn't even read his own bill. The language about notaries notarizing for principals located outside of their jurisdiction is quite clear. Though notaries have many issues with this bill, for me, this one IS the non starter. We don't want to set notaries up for failure by allowing them to perform notarizations that may or may not be prohibited in the jurisdiction where the signer is located. Also, we don't want notaries from outside our state performing notarizations for principals located in our jurisdiction at the time the notarization occurs. This is exactly what we have now, so we're are not asking for anything but a level playing field so that notaries have a competitive chance. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Good job, Matt...and all the notaries that opposed AB199. - Lee/AR on 4/9/19 12:04pm
 Re: Good job, Matt...and all the notaries that opposed AB199. -  JanetK_CA on 4/9/19 6:45pm
 Re: Good job, Matt...and all the notaries that opposed AB199. - Matt Miller on 4/10/19 9:25pm
 Re: Good job, Matt...and all the notaries that opposed AB199. - Matt Miller on 4/10/19 9:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.