Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Great Question For The Shoemakers Regarding E&O Policies . .
Posted by  PegiT_MN of MN on 5/16/19 9:14am Msg #606469
. . . both past and present.

1. If the incident happened nine years ago, but the courts are asking for the journal now, would it be your current E&O policy or your expired E&O policy that may be used?

2. Is the notarization general notary work, or something to do with a mortgage and would your general E&O policy cover this? I have been told that there are two different types of Errors and Omissions Insurance.

3. We are required to retain our journals over the years, but are we also required to retain copies of the old E&O policies in case something like this were to ever happen.

On a side note . . . I keep all of my old stamps . . . expired ones and broken ones. I have them locked up in my file cabinet in sandwich bags labeled with the dates they were in service. When I order a new stamp (sometimes in the middle of my commission due to broken rubber, I used the wrong ink and ruined it, or I see one I like better than the one I already have) I always order something different than what I previously had. Either the stamp is bigger, smaller, blue ink, black ink, different border, etc. The reason I do this is because I had a white collar criminal ask me to do a notarization for him. He then cut up my certificate and pasted it onto another document and dated it two years prior and filed it with the courts to get a very large judgment against his business partner. It was because of my crazy stamp collecting and labeling system that I was able to show the FBI that I did not purchase the stamp that was used until a certain date and during the time period of the notarization I was using a different stamp. The FBI already knew it was a cut and paste job, but because of my good records they had an air-tight case against the guy. How could I notarize a document in 2016 with a stamp I did not purchase until 2018? He was later found guilty of his crimes, including identity theft, and sentenced to prison. The FBI said I helped them with their case.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Journal Subpoena - famena on 5/15/19 4:17pm
 Re: Journal Subpoena - Lee/AR on 5/15/19 4:47pm
 Re: Journal Subpoena - Michelle/AL on 5/15/19 10:18pm
 I think you need to find out if a journal was required - Linda_H/FL on 5/16/19 6:54am
 Re: I think you need to find out if a journal was required - Yoli/CA on 5/16/19 7:56am
 Re: I think you need to find out if a journal was required - MikeC/TX on 5/16/19 5:25pm
 Re: I think you need to find out if a journal was required - BrendaTx on 5/24/19 1:51pm
 OT, but somewhat related question for general knowledge - Lee/AR on 5/16/19 7:45am
 Great Question For The Shoemakers Regarding E&O Policies . . -  PegiT_MN on 5/16/19 9:14am
 Re: Great Question For The Shoemakers Regarding E&O Policies . . -  JanetK_CA on 5/16/19 12:42pm
 Re: OT, but somewhat related question for general knowledge - MikeC/TX on 5/16/19 6:16pm
 Re: OT, but somewhat related question for general knowledge -  JanetK_CA on 5/17/19 12:59am
 Re: Journal Subpoena - Art_FL on 5/16/19 9:29am
 Faema, no reason to panic ... - BobbiCT on 5/17/19 6:36am
 Re: Great Point BobbtCT n/m -  OR on 5/17/19 2:23pm
 Re: Journal Subpoena Continued.. - famena on 5/22/19 9:03pm
 Re: Journal Subpoena - BrendaTx on 5/24/19 1:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.