Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Bank Required Thumbprint on POA Document
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 5/19/19 1:54pm Msg #606557
A thumbprint for executing any POA is a statewide requirement under CA notary law. Perhaps it was a CA bank? Regardless, you were operating under CO law, not CA.

The issue I hear about from people about POAs most often is that the banks want people to use THEIR version of a POA. Family members think they're doing the right thing by an ill parent by getting a whole trust and associated docs executed before the person advances to the point where they're unable to make decisions for themselves. When the time comes for them to have to use the POA, they find out the bank won't accept it. And of course, by then, it may not be possible to notarize that person's signature anymore, especially if they have dementia or Alzheimers... I don't know if this happens because people are getting their documents off the internet and are just choosing the wrong type of POA, but I've never had anyone tell me that was the issue... It's just sad.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Bank Required Thumbprint on POA Document - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 5/19/19 11:42am
 Re: Bank Required Thumbprint on POA Document -  JanetK_CA on 5/19/19 1:54pm
 Re: Bank Required Thumbprint on POA Document - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 5/19/19 9:46pm
 Re: Elder Financial Abuse - Carolyn Bodley on 5/20/19 10:35am
 The bank's have their own rules. I can see where they'd -  MW/VA on 5/19/19 4:22pm
 Re: I don’t see it as disability discrimination - Carolyn Bodley on 5/19/19 5:47pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.