Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Okay..my .02 FWIW - and I say that because I
Posted by Linda_H/FL of FL on 6/18/19 8:41pm Msg #607618
no longer do loan signings - and I'm thankful for that as I read this forum daily and am so glad I moved on pre-SD.

Anyway - I came to Florida and this business with a 25-year career as a real estate paralegal in Connecticut. So I KNEW what went into these closings, what the docs were and exactly what was involved. I actually decided on my minimum fee for a loan package before I even hung out my shingle - because I'd been there done that - prepped the docs, reviewed the title report, cleared title, etc etc.

I decided what my fee's "comfort zone" was and I stuck to it. No all companies did not agree with me, so be it. I knew what my expertise was worth - and I commanded that fee. I may have exited early on but that was by my choice - I got tired of the constant negotiating and devaluation of my services and I refused to respond to cattle calls and text blasts. Other doors opened for me just in time and I stepped through...and haven't looked back.

I now do other "regular" jobs (by my choice..my hours, my call) but still continue general notary work - selectively. And if you saw the post about Florida's new remote notarization laws which was posted today - I will not partake in that as I see it as a fiasco/disaster looking to happen.

My .02 - and good luck to you
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Care to reminisce a little FBO a NEWB? - Laureen/LA on 6/18/19 5:18pm
 See my post at the end of your previous post. - Lee/AR on 6/18/19 5:48pm
 Posted below in previous post about my 1st year n/m - Luckydog on 6/18/19 6:50pm
 Re: Care to reminisce a little FBO a NEWB? - Laureen/LA on 6/18/19 8:19pm
 Okay..my .02 FWIW - and I say that because I - Linda_H/FL on 6/18/19 8:41pm
 If Linda's story isn't inspiration enuff .... - BearPaw/CO on 6/18/19 10:25pm
 Re: If Linda - Laureen/LA on 6/19/19 4:38pm
 *sigh* Back to the 1960s, ... -  Ernest__CT on 6/19/19 9:48pm
 Re: Okay..my .02 FWIW - and I say that because I - Laureen/LA on 6/19/19 4:36pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.