Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

45 minutes for VA is pretty standard for me
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 7/7/19 4:17pm Msg #608232
With no rushing. No torturing borrowers for hours (even the LO doesn't spend that much time explaining the loan); no hot-dogging about how important I think I am. This is about the borrowers. I try to put a sock in it if I feel like yakking about myself (I don't get out much). We notaries are there to witness signatures. Period. Of course, we go above and beyond point'n'sign when it comes to loans, but not three hours' worth unless there is total disaster at the signing! If three hours is your standard signing time, it means you are operating waaaay out of your lane and blabbing about loan stuff that is absolutely none of your business or blabbing abut yourself … and most people don't want to endure either one.

I recall one TC calling for a redo and begging not to put their client through another 3 hour signing like the previous notary did. Yikes! Wonder if the three hours includes an intermission? Wonder why "three hours" seems to be the magic overkill number? Nobody ever says two hours …? Which would be bad enough.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Whirlwind Bonus Friday -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/7/19 11:10am
 45 minutes for VA is pretty standard for me - BearPaw/CO on 7/7/19 4:17pm
 Re: 45 minutes for VA is pretty standard for me -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/7/19 8:12pm
 I do a lot of VA loan signings in my area--those keep me in -  MW/VA on 7/7/19 5:28pm
 VA package last week -  Joan Bergstrom on 7/7/19 11:14pm
 Yes, I see the best rates go to VA borrowers & they -  MW/VA on 7/8/19 8:22am
 Borrower are paying point to get those rate n/m - Gavina Franklin on 7/9/19 7:42am
 Re: Whirlwind Bonus Friday - SteveS/CA on 7/8/19 10:53am
 Re: Whirlwind Bonus Friday -  JanetK_CA on 7/8/19 1:53pm
 Re: Whirlwind Bonus Friday - SteveS/CA on 7/8/19 2:00pm
 45 minutes for me as well..... - notarydi/CA on 7/10/19 12:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.