Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

It's a question of whom you are willing to work for.
Posted by  Scriba/NM of NM on 9/12/19 1:16am Msg #610127
I have a regular loan clientele that I work with, and I find that the GNW (at least where I am) can be more problematic. They (the general public) want a mobile notary to go to the hospital and notarize a POA. Sounds simple enough. I ask about the patient having ID. No. No? No, he "lost" it. Or...."it's expired.....three years ago." Then we are into the people having to identify the patient. Bunch of log entries. And on and on. Then, I ask if they have their paperwork filled out (but not signed of course) and they say "Don't you do that?" Can the patient sign his name? No. He has to make a mark. He never learned to read or write (or sign his name apparently). How does he know what he's signing with his "X?"

Or I get there and the form they have is blank. "Oh, I had to print another one and forgot what we put on the first one, as it go lost." Lost between the phone call to me and 2 hours later? How do you do that?

Granted, it's not all the time, but pretty darn close. Rehab hospitals, regular hospitals. A notary friend of mine went to the hospital and came home with a "virus." Hospitals can be nasty places. I laugh when I see all these people "sanitizing" their hands.....and then go on to touch door handles, counters, chairs, and elevator buttons and then rubbing their eyes with their germ-laden paws.

Not my idea of making any kind of a "living."

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 "We are so busy, we will definitely be calling you" said the - grapebed on 9/11/19 6:52pm
 It's a question of whom you are willing to work for. -  Scriba/NM on 9/12/19 1:16am
 Re: It - Luckydog on 9/12/19 11:08am
 ORT is paying $90 & most of the pkgs. are Pennymac, -  MW/VA on 9/12/19 11:20am
 May have begun w/XYZ, but SD is the real manure-spreader now - Lee/AR on 9/12/19 12:32pm
 I agree that SD is contributing to lower fees. What gets me -  MW/VA on 9/12/19 4:33pm
 Re: "We are so busy, we will definitely be calling you" said the - SteveS/CA on 9/12/19 2:07pm
 DON'T CALL ME, I'LL CALL YOU...not! n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/12/19 3:31pm
 Although it will be a serious drop in income, ... -  Ernest__CT on 9/12/19 6:11pm
 1 thing we seasoned NSAs know is there will always be change -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/12/19 6:21pm
 YES! n/m -  Ernest__CT on 9/12/19 6:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.