Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: What are you going to do when borrower arrives 1/2 hour late
Posted by SanDiegoStar of CA on 10/8/19 1:46pm Msg #610888
A few options...

1. I charge a flat hourly fee to have to wait for Signers starting with 15min past the appointment time. So, if they are 30mins late, I would charge .25 of my hourly fee.

2. If the Signers are so late and my other appointments cannot be shifted to a later time, I would consider moving their appointment to the end of the night and charging an after-hours/reschedule fee to do so. This of course is subjective and depends on many factors (mostly travel time, mileage, etc.)

3. Of course, having other Signers who understand is great as this is a one-off situation. My first thought is not to rack up the fees for the first transaction if I can keep all my clients happy but sometimes we are left without an agreeable solution. I know that my time is very valuable and I charge accordingly when necessary.

Glad it all worked out!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What are you going to do when borrower arrives 1/2 hour late -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/8/19 10:57am
 Re: What are you going to do when borrower arrives 1/2 hour late - SanDiegoStar on 10/8/19 1:46pm
 When it came to the form to "rate" me, I got all EXCELLENT -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/8/19 7:09pm
 Re: When it came to the form to "rate" me, I got all EXCELLENT - Heather Tianen on 10/10/19 10:36am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.