Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Remote electronic notarizations revisited. I got a call
Posted by JandB of VA on 10/9/19 7:20pm Msg #610952
I suppose you can call it "software" but I like to think of the company providing the service as a platform. You log onto their platform and perform the notarization within their system. The way it is set up, the notary is never going to have software to load onto their own computer and perform a notarization. The state requires us to operate through an approved platform provider. The platform provider is required by the state to maintain a log. The notary is also required to maintain their own log. The requirements for the information to be logged is very specific. I have seen 2 platforms so far and they both had a means of downloading the log.

It is late and I am tired so I'm just going to throw this out there. I barely understand the technical end of it but I am registered with Identrust. (Google it) When I place my stamp the platform connects with Indentrust and I have to enter my password before the document is sealed. If the platform you are talking about does not do that it is NOT legit...run.

As to the 50%, your cost is pretty low and a well designed platform will allow for a fast signing so you might want to evaluate your fee based on volume if it exist. The biggest problem you run into is the signer's technology and internet connection is frequently not up to snuff. That can cost you time and heartache.

A lot of responsibility is placed on the notary. Be careful. That said, it is the future. It is coming and no matter how hard you drag your heals, it will happen. Thousands of documents are notarized every day that have nothing to do with the mortgage business. Get on board but be smart about it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Remote electronic notarizations revisited. I got a call -  MW/VA on 10/9/19 11:13am
 Re: Remote electronic notarizations revisited. I got a call - Luckydog on 10/9/19 11:28am
 Yes. I don't see it as being profitable for me. ;-( n/m -  MW/VA on 10/9/19 12:04pm
 Raise your fee 50% for RON signings. :) n/m - ananotary on 10/9/19 12:52pm
 Re: Remote electronic notarizations revisited. I got a call - JandB on 10/9/19 7:20pm
 Re: Remote electronic notarizations revisited. I got a call - JandB on 10/10/19 7:29am
 Thanks. I do understand that a platform is required. I'm -  MW/VA on 10/10/19 10:15am
 Re: Remote electronic notarizations revisited. I got a call - Luckydog on 10/10/19 10:46am
 Maybe not for loan signings, but might pick up some for GNW. -  MW/VA on 10/10/19 7:42pm
 Re: Remote electronic notarizations revisited. I got a call - alias/TX on 10/11/19 4:53pm
 Notarize is not a platform--they are a co. that hires -  MW/VA on 10/11/19 8:30pm
 Re: Remote electronic notarizations revisited. I got a call - Luckydog on 10/11/19 9:05pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.