Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Slow day.
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 11/11/19 3:33pm Msg #612187
IMO, business cards are not useless. Personally, I attach a business card to copy of borrowers' package and the completed package. I've had calls for service from borrowers for GNW (general notary work). I've also had calls from lenders/escrows/titles for additional signings.

Develop a good profile for the internet 'sites. NotRot was my first back in 2006 and provided me the most assignments throughout the years. I'm of the opinion that having a website gives the impression of being a serious player.

Insofar as to whom to reach out to … keep in mind the totem pole, from top to bottom:

1. LENDER is the top dog. The loan officer (LO) hires escrow/title and many times dictates to them as to which (preferred) notary to use;
2. ESCROW/TITLE COMPANY is second in command. Usually, they're the ones doing the hiring whether direct or subcontract via signing service (SS);
3. SIGNING SERVICE is hired by escrow/title then subcontract to notary after a goodly slice of the pie;
4. PLATFORMS -- while not hiring entities, they do facilitate 1-3 above to hire usually via mass communication (i.e. text blasts). They also take a slice of that pie; and,
5. NOTARY. Yes folks. We are the bottom of the totem pole. Try networking with other notaries in your area. Networking is great to bounce ideas off each other, refer work they're unable to accept and reciprocate when possible, share information and (on occasion) vent.

Do your research. Signing Central (SC) has a large list of companies. Every signing package we handle names the LO, EO & TC. Most major metropolitan areas have business districts replete with escrow/title offices. Remember, Google is our friend. IMO, it's safe to work with just about any escrow/title company or lender. They are regulated and there's a process in place in case they try to recant on your agreement. SSs are not regulated.

How to reach out? Any way you can. Email, phone and personal visit are probably best. Forget the smoke signals. Wink USPS mailers don't do much, IMO.

This is your business. You nourish it, it grows. Don't just sit around staring at your phone waiting for the ring or text to come through.

I've been in business since January 2006 and still marketing. All the above is JMHO.

(Nick: Received your responding PM. Hope this post answers your questions. Smile )

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Slow day. - NK_UT on 11/11/19 1:49pm
 Re: Slow day. - Connie Thingstad on 11/11/19 1:55pm
 Re: Slow day. - NK_UT on 11/11/19 2:03pm
 Re: Slow day. -  Yoli/CA on 11/11/19 2:11pm
 Re: Slow day. - NK_UT on 11/11/19 2:44pm
 as a realtor/broker associate.... - Connie Thingstad on 11/11/19 3:23pm
 Re: as a realtor/broker associate.... - Lee/AR on 11/11/19 3:33pm
 Re: Slow day. -  Yoli/CA on 11/11/19 3:33pm
 Re: Slow day. - NK_UT on 11/11/19 3:55pm
 Stick with 4 & 5 star co's, if you can. Save lots of grief! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 11/11/19 4:22pm
 LO, EO & TC - NVLSlady/VA on 11/11/19 7:30pm
 Second day in a row - NK_UT on 11/12/19 11:41am
 Re: Second day in a row -  Yoli/CA on 11/12/19 11:54am
 Re: Second day in a row - NK_UT on 11/12/19 3:37pm
 Re: Slow day. -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/12/19 5:15pm
 Re: Slow day. - NK_UT on 11/12/19 6:37pm
 Re: Slow day. -  Yoli/CA on 11/12/19 6:43pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.