Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Amazon - ordering and resulting scam ...
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 11/15/19 9:57am Msg #612377
I'm posting in DW rather than Leisure 'cause many-a-time we refer other NSAs to search Amazon (and eBay) for printers, scanners, briefcases, etc.

My youngest daughter has a free Amazon Prime account because of her phone plan. She's named me on her Prime account so I have the same benefits as she.

On Sunday, I placed an order on Amazon for 3 items, 3 vendors. Paid with a debit card. I never authorize my debit cards to be stored as payment method. On Monday, 1 of those items appeared as having cleared my bank. On Tuesday, the other 2 items cleared. Wednesday morning, I received an email (supposedly) from Amazon Prime saying:

" (your credit card on file has been declined)
Hello:
We're writing to let you know your recent payment method had been declined. Valid payment information must be received within 3 days, otherwise your order will be cancelled.* Since your card is invalid, your free account is on hold.

"If you don't update your card information in the next 3 days, you will lose access to orders. To continue to enjoy membership benefits, please <visit this link> (hyperlink) to log into your Prime account and update your payment information.

"Thank you,
Amazon.com customer service
{large yellow clickable button} UPDATE PAYMENT INFORMATION"

All the appropriate logos are present. There are 4 clickable hyperlinks - none of which I clicked. The only giveaway is the email address: Kustom Kreations<messages@squaremktg.com>.

I received all items on Wednesday. I rechecked my bank and all items were paid for. I checked Prime account and it doesn't "expire" 'til December (AND, it's free to my daughter with her phone plan so no payment is due).

So many scams out there! We have to be vigilant with emails, phone calls, texts. Sure wish these scammers would put their knowledge and capabilities to work for positive endeavors! ;(
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Amazon - ordering and resulting scam ... -  Yoli/CA on 11/15/19 9:57am
 Re: Amazon "Prime" - NVLSlady/VA on 11/15/19 10:08am
 Re: Amazon - ordering and resulting scam ... - MikeC/TX on 11/15/19 5:25pm
 That sounds like a hacker! ;-( I order from Amazon -  MW/VA on 11/15/19 9:03pm
 Re: That sounds like a hacker! ;-( I order from Amazon -  JanetK_CA on 11/17/19 12:04am
 Re: Amazon - ordering and resulting scam ... -  Amigoaz on 11/15/19 9:11pm
 Congrats! Will you share that prize with me? LOL n/m -  MW/VA on 11/16/19 8:53am
 Re: Amazon - ordering and resulting scam ... - NVLSlady/VA on 11/18/19 1:10pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.