Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I don't think state has that much to do with it.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/16/20 2:08am Msg #614679
I agree that packages have gotten much larger over the years. When I started doing this in 2002, the average size package was about 75 to 85 pages. I think the biggest contributor to package size, though, is the lender and title company. That seems to be more of a factor than the state the property is in. When I get packages from other states, I also notice disclosures I'm not familiar with. Every state has their own unique laws and disclosure requirements.

I also agree with Yoli about all the contributing factors she mentioned. Plus, we have the lenders who manage to have three versions of the same document (e.g. the appraisal waiver, etc.). Then there's all the credit disclosure docs. And some small escrow/title companies will have less than half a dozen docs to be signed while others will have at least a half dozen that have to be notarized, plus a whole bunch of others to be signed.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Is my memory faulty, or did RF packages used to be smaller? - Kellosh/CA on 1/14/20 11:28pm
 I notice that many pkgs. coming out of CA are huge. It -  MW/VA on 1/15/20 7:45am
 Re: Is my memory faulty, or did RF packages used to be smaller? - James Hendersond on 1/15/20 9:45am
 I started here in FL in 2006 - stopped doing loans - Linda_H/FL on 1/15/20 9:49am
 Refi packages -  Yoli/CA on 1/15/20 10:17am
 Re: Refi packages - Eva75Eva on 1/15/20 2:36pm
 Re: Is my memory faulty, or did RF packages used to be smaller? - NK_UT on 1/15/20 4:35pm
 Re: Is my memory faulty, or did RF packages used to be smaller? - CST on 1/15/20 8:30pm
 I don't think state has that much to do with it. -  JanetK_CA on 1/16/20 2:08am
 yes...lets write out the ID info 5 times - CST on 1/16/20 8:32am
 Right! Another great example! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 1/17/20 10:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.