Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Traditional signings
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 7/13/20 2:18pm Msg #621985
I think most realize that "formal sit down dinners" at the closing table are out for awhile. Title and lender have no choice but to be fully involved with their client so the process is seamless at the end with the notary.

I honestly wasn't sure if I had lost this client. Hadn't heard from them since end of March when I was offered opportunity (of a lifetime) to sit in for their settlement attorney at the office. They were all working from home. I basically said no, But was willing at the time to commit to a single week day with social distancing in place. There wouldn't be much interaction and atty would need to be available to "conduct close" via conference call if needed. Just wonder how many people actually would come in for settlement.

I can attest to the Pain of my decision, but deep down know it was the right thing. Besides, it wasn't rocket science to know that once lockdown restrictions were lifted, we'd be back at Square One. Like a Scientist/physician logically surmised: It's not like we can just flip a switch; the lights will come back on gradually. Well said!

P.S. A friend was telling me of her refi experience several weeks ago with the notary who did her signing (well, it was Her that actually did); he gave her the package & non-returnable pen, went inside his car. She was to call with questions and put everything back in the envelope! She's a smart lady in management. She was impressed at the ease/simplicity.

Her and I were former neighbors. And Independent. Who WAS that masked Loudoun notary man!??
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 "Little face-to-face interaction" - NVLSlady/VA on 7/13/20 9:30am
 Re: "Little face-to-face interaction" - Linda_H/FL on 7/13/20 10:46am
 Those were TC instructions. - NVLSlady/VA on 7/13/20 10:56am
 Those cos. that created that method are crazy. We've been -  MW/VA on 7/13/20 1:04pm
 Traditional signings - NVLSlady/VA on 7/13/20 2:18pm
 *Independent, as in "I've got this"!* n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 7/13/20 2:22pm
 "formal...." at the closing table are out for a while. No, -  MW/VA on 7/13/20 3:12pm
 Someone on here said If notaries find temperature taking - NVLSlady/VA on 7/13/20 9:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.