Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Service Link - PennyMac
Posted by Notarydude of TN on 7/19/20 2:25am Msg #622164
I am so upset. I went out of my way to do a signing that was a 3 hour drive one way for SL and the client was PennyMac. They negotiated a wonderful rate. I printed and when I got to the location, the signer answered the door and said you are not supposed to be here. She further explained that after you called to confirm, I called my loan officer and we feel you are trying to steal our identities. I said huh? She said you asked for us to make copies of our drivers license and a secondary. She said we do not have a copy machine or printer to do this. I said that is ok, I can make copies. I was never contacted by SL to cancel at all. So she invited me in. I said I send this information back with the package, and do not keep it. I need to get you into my electronic journal, (I use notary act). So I opened the app and began to scan the back of her DL to get her in my log. She went crazy and called her LO. The LO told her to call the police because in CA it is not legal to scan anyones ID or ask for a copy. I heard it with my own ears because the lady had the LO on speaker phone. I pulled out the instruction sheet from the package that instructed me to send back copies of both ID's used for the patriot act form. The borrower read this to the LO and the LO said I must have added this to the packet. So I said I am sorry for the trouble, but let me just leave and you guys can work this out with Service Link. So I left, I call SL they tell me they are sorry, and I will still receive my full fee. So then on Monday I get a call from vendor relations asking what happen. I explained. She said does not sound like you did anything wrong, but PennyMac has asked that you be ban from doing anymore of their loans because you would not proceed without verifying the IDS. ???? AM I missing something here? That is my job to verify the identity of the person that is signing. And I was only following the instructions in the packet by asking for copies. What is awful was PennyMac was 20% of my bookings. I am still receiving work from SL but is has slowed way down now. Any advice?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Service Link - PennyMac - Notarydude on 7/19/20 2:25am
 Re: Service Link - PennyMac - Notarydude on 7/19/20 2:29am
 Re: Service Link - PennyMac - Luckydog on 7/19/20 11:34am
 Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof -  VT_Syrup on 7/19/20 11:51am
 Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof -  VT_Syrup on 7/19/20 12:01pm
 Re: Service Link - PennyMac - Lee/AR on 7/19/20 6:40am
 Re: Service Link - PennyMac - Lee/AR on 7/19/20 7:01am
 Re: Service Link - PennyMac - Art_FL on 7/19/20 7:49am
 Re: Service Link - PennyMac - Linda_H/FL on 7/19/20 7:58am
 Like Linda said plus .. - BobbiCT on 7/19/20 8:41am
 Re: Like Linda said plus ....agree...in fact - Linda_H/FL on 7/19/20 9:54am
 WOW--what a horrible experience. If the borrower thought -  MW/VA on 7/19/20 10:32am
 agree with Linda.... - notarydi/CA on 7/19/20 10:47am
 Re: WOW--what a horrible experience. If the borrower thought - Luckydog on 7/19/20 1:32pm
 Re: Service Link - PennyMac -  JanetK_CA on 7/19/20 3:39pm
 Re: SL couldn't get a closer notary??? - NVLSlady/VA on 7/20/20 10:53am
 Re: SL couldn -  Claudine Osborne on 7/21/20 9:38am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.