Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Wedding Notarizations
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 9/12/20 7:26pm Msg #624419
I've been a notary and notary signing agent for quite a while. I'm also a justice of the peace, which (in VT) authorizes me to officiate at weddings. I've never heard of a "wedding notarization".

In the past 2 years or so a number of email scams have been going around targeting notaries. If you've never heard of a wedding notarization either, and are trying to figure it out what it is, consider the possibility it's a scam.

(People are going out of their way to recognize the essential workers during the pandemic, so I'll shout out to one of the cashiers at the small market in our town, and her husband; their wedding is the only one I've actually officiated at.)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Wedding Notarizations - Jack Roditi on 9/12/20 10:51am
 Re: Wedding Notarizations - Linda_H/FL on 9/12/20 11:59am
 Re: Wedding Notarizations -  VT_Syrup on 9/12/20 7:26pm
 Could be an alabama marriage certificate notarization - FlaNotary2 on 9/14/20 6:11am
 Now THAT is interesting...kinda crazy, too. n/m - Lee/AR on 9/14/20 1:11pm
 Re: Could be an alabama marriage certificate notarization -  Yoli/CA on 9/15/20 7:54am
 Re: Could be an alabama marriage certificate notarization - FlaNotary2 on 9/15/20 2:18pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.