Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Last minute closings
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 9/13/20 8:42am Msg #624426
I already had a full plate yesterday, starting at 8 am. My last was at 8pm! I found myself with a window of opportunity when one file canceled, but another one came in. (Meanwhile, I'm grumbling to myself about last minute cancellations.) Could I be at the borrowers' home in one hour (4pm)?? I doubled my fee, yes, I can be there. (I could feel the tone in scheduler's voice: Let's just get this one signed and closed!)

I printed and while the papers were flying everywhere, a call came in from borrowers, could I come earlier, they had already been waiting since 10am for a notary to show up. The wife is expecting, they just want to get it done. Enough with all the delays due to rescheduling for a variety of reasons. It was not a seamless process. (I arrived as soon as humanly and technically possible!)

As I park my car, I immediately recognize the home. I had been there twice before, just didn't recognize borrowers' names. It was like old home week. When I first met them she had just delivered their first child. Almost three years ago now.

They are refi'ing, cash out, to close escrow on another larger property for their growing family. Turns out this file was on my radar screen earlier this week but canceled for reasons I had not been told. They seem to come and go all the time these days. Mostly due to verification of income requirement.

It's amazing what's going on out there, but there sure is a lot of opportunity out there for folks who are flexible enough and can tap into it.

Vegging today. Need a break.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Last minute closings -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/13/20 8:42am
 Re: Last minute closings - CST on 9/13/20 8:55am
 Re: Last minute closings -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/13/20 9:21am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.