Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

in defense of underwriters......
Posted by notarydi/CA of CA on 9/28/20 1:03pm Msg #624968
my best friends are underwriters......one this past week had the file from h#ll. Told the processor last Monday EXACTLY what was needed to satisfy the investor condition. Jumbo loan. Even spelled out what was NOT acceptable. Tuesday, processor submits, exactly same documentation from original submission. Doesn't understand why it's not acceptable. My friend explains it doesn't meet investor guidelines. Wednesday, same thing happens. Thursday, same thing happens. By Thursday afternoon, it's escalated to screaming, yelling, upper management. Finally, the processor gets it, and sends over the necessary documentation. File has to close on Friday, so now, upper management has to get involved, push this one to the front to get docs out and fund.

Underwriters can get dinged with audit findings. And, God forbid, the lender ends up with an unsaleable loan. Underwriters have to hold the line....or bad/unsaleable loans get made, they are out of jobs, and well, mortgage industry meltdowns have been known to happen.

Not much has changed in underwriting world since I left it years ago. And, there are some underwriters who live to make processors and LOs miserable. Worked with a few of those as well. But, for the most part, underwriters want to follow the guidelines, make good, saleable loans, and get paid.

Thanks for listening. End of rant.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Title One - Beverly Williams on 9/26/20 2:37am
 Re: Title One - kcg on 9/26/20 6:20am
 underwriters... - CST on 9/26/20 8:46am
 underwriters blame LOs - CW2Ret/VA on 9/27/20 8:21am
 and LOs! - CST on 9/27/20 8:29am
 Re: underwriters blame LOs - Linda_H/FL on 9/27/20 8:43am
 Re: underwriters blame LOs - Luckydog on 9/27/20 11:40am
 Prepayment penalties ... -  Yoli/CA on 9/27/20 12:06pm
 Re: Prepayment penalties ... - Luckydog on 9/27/20 5:11pm
 in defense of underwriters...... - notarydi/CA on 9/28/20 1:03pm
 Thank you Di - great synopsis and pic of inner workings n/m - Linda_H/FL on 9/28/20 1:08pm
 Yep, the job from hell! -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/29/20 8:48am
 Re: in defense of underwriters...... - NVLSlady/VA on 9/28/20 1:43pm
 i agree...I don't want their jobs! n/m - CST on 9/28/20 7:10pm
 Re: in defense of underwriters...... -  JanetK_CA on 9/29/20 4:05am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.