Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Babysitting borrowers and Turning on a Dime!
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 10/8/20 11:07pm Msg #625294
These are hectic times. How is it you don't verbally communicate with signers until 2 hours before closing? Then when you arrive it's like you never spoke!
Okay, have docs day before (Yay) but party I am trying to reach (which TC gave me!) is "Myers," not as on docs. Her e-mail is also "Myers." So this is a non-borrower (using married name) refinancing with her sister. They liked my detailed instructions (told me so in the email reply) BUT I can't reach a single one by phone. Finally call TC this morning. Can someone confirm if nb has valid ID??

When bor finally calls, I say again what was in email about ID copies, funds due (oh, we were told to give to you) . . . You liked my clear instructions but don't want to follow (That's just me venting, internalizing)! No no no, not in VA. I ask if she knows whether sister has correct ID. "She changed it."

Went about other business since I honestly wasn't sure this signing was going to happen. Phone tag with T.A.
A few minutes after we're scheduled, a text arrives: My sister's here.

Well I'm on my way. Were you able to speak with her about her ID (I certainly tried reaching her in vain)? My phone dies (car charger frayed & failed me). Arrive about half hour later. Where is nb sister? Upstairs. We do a Rush signing on front porch and Attentive Mom immediately went back to Baby Laurel (3 months). Sleeping, she looked so subtle and sweet in dad's cradling arms.

So that was it: A newborn. No way I was ever going to get to speak with that mult-tasking mom (lol).
Good news: DL had maiden name along with married (whew!).
Of course, no copies as requested. And curiously only One Patriot firm to complete. I wonder if that was no accident; TC probably wasn't able to confirm Identification either and gave up.

But through everything something stood out: These are happy times too. Nice to see what is really important, especially now.

That new mom was living literally in another world - and not the least bit interested in sharing in any outside stress, be it from her sibling taking care of the house business or the frazzled notary who got those docs signed in about 20 minutes!

Happy Friday All!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Babysitting borrowers and Turning on a Dime! - NVLSlady/VA on 10/8/20 11:07pm
 To signer's credit, she brought wiring instructions - NVLSlady/VA on 10/9/20 2:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.