Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What a disaster...signing at a bank branch
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 10/20/20 7:52am Msg #625561
Docs were late, LO calls to say, the docs will be waiting for you at the branch, ask for "SAM" and he will hand them over to you. I hadn't been to a bank branch since February 2020 when we began signing outdoors, gloved, masked and sanitized.

Sam is busy when I arrive, but a rover employee says she will find out where they are and get them to me, and meanwhile she sets me up in a conference room, complete with plexiglass separators with little pass through windows for moving paper, IDs, journal, pens and fingerprint kit around.

I get the docs and they are all printed letter size, the legal sized pages are cut off at top and bottom, so I had a difficult time telling what they are.

I ask the bank manager to print legal and letter, I get two sets back, all legal.

Pulling my hair out trying to segregate letter and legal for one good package. Meanwhile the clients arrive, he is a past mayor of a nearby city, and the couple is having a lively conversation with the LO, while I'm trying to focus on the dilemma and working from two separately printed document piles. They are private banking clients, I'm about ready to blow my brains out.

Send them on their way, meanwhile, I'm still working for another 15 minutes trying to sort things for a complete, all inclusive, accurately signed package.

It was one of six signings, thankfully, it was no. 2 and the rest of the day went slicker than rain. I was exhausted, and even NCIS couldn't keep me awake as I tried to catch an episode before going to bed.

Also, 4 of the borrowers had dogs, and all of them all so friendly. My asthma kicked in and I'm thinking I'm probably allergic to dogs, including my own. Dog dander. But honestly they are usually the hit of the party and I love how they want to meet (not eat!) the notary!

On Sunday, my borrowers had two dalmation puppies. Oh, boy! I went home with dog slobber all over my Calvin Klein black jacket/pant suit, and threw them in the wash machine immediately.

Printing my own docs is preferred. It's amazing that bank employees have no clue what their loan docs look like and how to print them letter and legal.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What a disaster...signing at a bank branch -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/20/20 7:52am
 Re: What a disaster...signing at a bank branch - Albony HIlls on 10/20/20 8:03am
 Re: What a disaster...signing at a bank branch - CST on 10/20/20 8:46am
 Re: What a disaster...signing at a bank branch - Luckydog on 10/21/20 9:02am
 Re: What a disaster...signing at a bank branch - NVLSlady/VA on 10/22/20 10:26am
 Agree, I would have had the legal set signed. n/m - ananotary on 10/22/20 11:37am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.