Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: taking a picture with your phone is that allowed
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 11/20/20 3:34pm Msg #626644
If you're talking about IDs, that's clearly (from posts above) matter of individual policy. I've run into too many signers who have told me that they've been victims of identity theft to ever do that. I just state that it's my policy to not have copies of anyone's ID info on my devices, but I'm happy to facilitate having them do it themselves. Most appreciate that.

Virtually everyone I meet with has a cell phone with a camera. Not all have working printers, but all have a phone and network connection of some kind. They can choose to do whatever they want with their electronics, but I don't need to have someone end up with ID theft after their refi process, perhaps from something not even related, and all they can remember is that the notary took a photo of their ID. I can't think of a single case where that's been an issue for me.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 taking a picture with your phone is that allowed n/m - wayne SNYDER on 11/19/20 5:21pm
 It definitely is allowed. I photograph homes with exterior -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/19/20 5:33pm
 Re: It definitely is allowed. I photograph homes with exterior - Luckydog on 11/20/20 9:51am
 Re: taking a picture with your phone is that allowed -  bhb/VA on 11/19/20 6:46pm
 If you're referring to taking ID's with your phone, I only -  MW/VA on 11/20/20 9:31am
 Re: taking a picture with your phone is that allowed -  JanetK_CA on 11/20/20 3:34pm
 It is, except when it isn't - Kellosh/CA on 11/21/20 7:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.