Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Putting some teeth into profile to draw readers
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/12/21 3:16pm Msg #628432
I agree that I wouldn't let anyone make a copy of my ID, but I don't agree with all of the rest of the post above, especially these days. Most importantly, as a criminal attorney, this guy is used to dealing with the dregs of society and has probably learned to be very cautious. If I put myself in his shoes, I think I'd be pretty careful about who I let into my home.

That doesn't mean I'd have to like it as the one being checked out, although I think I have had some people say they've looked me up. (My reaction was to hope that it might lead to future business.) And it sounds like he was just using public info. Any info we put out there into the public domain is fair game - including our posts here. Also, I've worked for title companies that didn't have their act together and I've signed borrowers who had precious little trust left by the time I showed up.

BTW, I've never looked up my signers before going to them, but there have been a number I've briefly Googled after the fact. Seems that there are lots of folks out there who see themselves as something of a celebrity whom I've never heard of... Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Putting some teeth into profile to draw readers n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/10/21 10:41am
 Re: Putting some teeth into profile to draw readers -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/10/21 10:47am
 Agree...typos and bad grammar make me cringe. - Linda_H/FL on 1/10/21 11:27am
 If writing is not your strength, get help in making your -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/10/21 12:02pm
 Great advice from Cheryl and Linda -  JanetK_CA on 1/10/21 3:13pm
 Choose a photo you won't mind the vendor sending to their -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/10/21 3:25pm
 Re: Choose a photo you won - VT_Syrup on 1/10/21 4:08pm
 Re: Choose a photo you won - pdl/cali on 1/10/21 8:13pm
 Also Use A Current Photo . . - PegiT_MN on 1/11/21 1:25pm
 Re: Also Use A Current Photo . . - Luckydog on 1/11/21 5:18pm
 Re: Also Use A Current Photo . . - MariaMO on 1/11/21 6:55pm
 Also Use A Current Photo...100% AGREE! -  CPNS2006 on 1/12/21 4:14am
 Re: Putting some teeth into profile to draw readers -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/12/21 8:20am
 Re: Putting some teeth into profile to draw readers - Luckydog on 1/12/21 10:17am
 Re: Putting some teeth into profile to draw readers -  JanetK_CA on 1/12/21 3:16pm
 Re: Putting some teeth into profile to draw readers -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/12/21 9:50pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.