Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Printer in your car for about $200.
Posted by Ryan Lane of AK on 1/21/21 9:39pm Msg #628713
I thought I would help out.
Power inverter: this is a must, mine is old enough that they don’t even sell it anymore, but target has a scosche portable power inverter for $40. It plugs into any cigarette lighter port and has 3 outlets. (And 4 USB ports, but they are not needed in this application)

Printer: The dell 1710 printer is an oldey but a goody. They are cheap refurbished (50-100 on ebay) and have an optional 550 drawer (50-100 on eBay). You can set the 250 page built in drawer to letter and the 550 page accessory drawer for letter for duplex printing. You are able to use any printer you have, but this is the workhorse I’ve used for 10+ years and have 500k page count on it. The drums and toner carts are cheep and readily available. Any printer that has a usb cord is able to be used, or you can set up an ad-hoc with an old router if your tech savvy and only have a wireless printer. (The inverter has 3 outlets)

From there you can either stuff it real snug into the back of an suv or trunk. If you wanted added support , I got a metal sheet band from Home Depot for 8 bucks and drilled it into the hard cardboard over my spare tire. This will keep it from rattling around.

Lastly, almost everyone has a laptop and mobile hotspot from your phone. If your worried about data caps/usage, you can pull in front of nearly any coffee shop these and access their free WiFi. As for a laptop, any with a USB port will do. It’s doesn’t have to be new or fancy. Just able to access websites and download docs.

This simple set up has saved me 1000s of dollars in gas over the years not having to drive home every time I get a set of docs late. I hope this helps!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Printer in your car for about $200. - Ryan Lane on 1/21/21 9:39pm
 Re: Printer in your car for about $200. - Luckydog on 1/22/21 8:14am
 Re: Printer in your car for about $200. - Kellosh/CA on 1/24/21 9:07pm
 Re: Printer in your car for about $200. - Luckydog on 1/25/21 8:43am
 Re: Printer in your car for about $200. - Kellosh/CA on 1/25/21 2:32pm
 Agree, saves money and stress - Kellosh/CA on 1/24/21 9:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.