Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: It
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 3/7/21 7:22pm Msg #630167
"I imagine it might happen even more often in CA where the practice is to attach a loose certificate."

For the record, the 'practice' of adding a loose certificate (most often for acknowledgments), is only when the provided certificate verbiage isn't compliant with state notary law. The majority of POA, and other, documents I see, particularly for GNW, have the correct certificate verbiage. Some attorneys (and others) even make a point of having the signatures on the same page as the notary certificate, which I think is a great idea.

It always makes me wonder how it is that just the acknowledgment page seems to be what gets lost. (Or is it that those are just the only ones we hear about...) I imagine that has something to do with why our SOS office made a statement a few years back that attaching a loose certificate to a document means stapling it. Wink

(BTW, I think it's a really good idea for us to be careful when making comments here that involve assumptions about how things are done in other states.)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Who will ask U 2 perform illegal notary acts? someone U know -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/7/21 8:48am
 It's so sad when people are in stressful situations like -  MW/VA on 3/7/21 9:09am
 Re: It -  JanetK_CA on 3/7/21 7:22pm
 Agree with MW/VA - refer her to an attorney - Linda_H/FL on 3/7/21 9:15am
 Re: Agree with MW/VA - refer her to an attorney -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/7/21 9:34am
 again, she needs to consult an attorney - Linda_H/FL on 3/7/21 10:55am
 Some important details here are that this person -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/7/21 9:38pm
 Re: Couple of options that may or may not be beneficial - Carolyn Bodley on 3/8/21 7:53am
 Thanks for great info & options, Carolyn! n/m -  Yoli/CA on 3/8/21 11:33am
 Re: Thanks for great info & options, Carolyn! - Carolyn Bodley on 3/8/21 11:49am
 What about if they're digital? n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 3/9/21 12:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.