Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics
Posted by Alz of CA on 5/5/21 10:19pm Msg #631885
I’m experiencing an increase of apostille requests. Yeah!

The other day, I received documents to be submitted to the SOS from a new out of town client. Oddly enough, the notary put their stamp, signature, and date on the foreign document itself with and attached acknowledgement. Yites!

I immediately contacted the requester with pictures of the documents that included an explanation, as to why I could not submit to the SOS. Due to a language barrier, we finally arrived on the same page after much communication.

Being who I am, I asked the requester to have the notary contact me, if they wish. I know that it may not have been my business to do so; however, I thought it was important to share some basic CA Notary knowledge. Fortunately, the notary accepted what I shared and corrected their mistake. As proof, I received a picture of the acceptable documents.

Hopefully, the requester was not charged an additional fee. IMJS.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics - Alz on 5/5/21 10:19pm
 Re: CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics -  JanetK_CA on 5/6/21 12:29am
 Re: CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics -  Yoli/CA on 5/6/21 5:10pm
 Re: CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics - pdl/cali on 5/6/21 8:19pm
 Re: CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics -  JanetK_CA on 5/7/21 4:00am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.