Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 5/6/21 5:10pm Msg #631904
Some notaries don't know the difference (don't know how they passed the test). If you point out their error and the fix, they'll gladly adapt. Some notaries don't care. For these latter, if you point out the error, they'll just shrug, smile and say something like "no complaints yet" and let it go.

IME, had a quick signing for a local bank a few years ago. Apparently, it was a 2-part signing and the first party had already signed right there at the bank. That first notary had used the non-complaint notary certs. I attached my complaint certs for my signer. Banker questioned it and I explained. He just raised his eyebrows and said they've been using that notary for quite a while. That notary has been commissioned for a long time and is quite active. I've had to correct some of his work more than once or twice. I've seen him at the local shipping facility. Obviously, he just uses whatever cert comes with the doc (maybe to save time?) and then goes about his business. He doesn't care. ;-(
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics - Alz on 5/5/21 10:19pm
 Re: CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics -  JanetK_CA on 5/6/21 12:29am
 Re: CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics -  Yoli/CA on 5/6/21 5:10pm
 Re: CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics - pdl/cali on 5/6/21 8:19pm
 Re: CA Notaries – Please do not overlook the basics -  JanetK_CA on 5/7/21 4:00am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.