Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I learned something new about flood insurance in FL
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 6/11/21 1:27pm Msg #632676
I called my agent to inquire about a flood policy as we are coming into hurricane season, and always good to have an extra layer of protection. My house is not in a flood zone, but on a flat yard, so it's not required and used to be pretty inexpensive when optional.

What I did find out is that all flood insurance policies in FL are based on a condition that if you flood by an outside water force intruding into your house, you also have to have (2) additional homes near yours that also have flood damage present at the same time.
Your flood policy will not pay out if you are the only one with damage and none of your neighbors do not have any. If you and 1 neighbor have damage, nope will not pay, has to be 2 additional homes.

Moral of the story: Make sure you don't buy a house in a gully or at the bottom of a hill. Your flood policy will not pay out if only you end up with a problem.
That was an eye-opener for sure!

Any inside pipe burst, water heaters etc are covered by your hazard insurance.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I learned something new about flood insurance in FL - Luckydog on 6/11/21 1:27pm
 That's the wierdest insurance loophole I've heard of. I did -  MW/VA on 6/11/21 3:28pm
 Re: That - Luckydog on 6/11/21 4:24pm
 Flood insurance claims: 2 Credible witnesses - NVLSlady/VA on 6/13/21 11:02pm
 Re: Flood insurance claims: 2 Credible witnesses - Luckydog on 6/14/21 11:12am
 Fortunate then that flooding isn’t finicky - NVLSlady/VA on 6/14/21 12:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.